Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: transducer leaking

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default transducer leaking

have black tar runing from the transducer . it isen`t on wasen`t hooked up . haven`t used it yet bought it used .think it will work .planning on a fishing trip next weak .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know Papa.

If tar is running out of it,,, it doesn't sound good.

Heck,,,,,,wrap some feathers around it. Then send it to Doc. I'll bet he can help.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cane Pole

Sounds like a question for Cane Pole.
    Last edited by Treefish; 05-03-2007 at 09:37 PM.
    Crouch & Hengstler Team Vicious, Southern Pro, Crappie Pro

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

did it by chance get way too hot?
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

not sure it is a used unite ibought . i had anothr onr that did that some time back . not as much as this one . it has ben in the sun . it is on my troling motor . not a troling motor unit but i did make a bracket that a transom mount will work on troling motor .just didn`t wan`t to go to the lake and not have a truling depth finder . maby call hummingbird and see . they will wan`t to sell me onmeor not avaible and wan`t to send me a new one becouse it is obseleat

Post Thanks / Like

Had the same thing happen to my transducer. Had it mounted to trolling motor, but it was actually a transom mount tranducer and not the round one designed for a trolling motor. What happened to mine was where the cable entered the top of the transducer cracked at the top of the transducer due to bumping into stumps and it pushed the cable up into the bottom of the trolling motor. I keep by boat covered with a tarp and the heat build up caused the tar substance to leak out. It did this for several years, but one day it just quit working. Bought another one just like it. Wasn't thinking about I should have bought a trolling motor tranducer. I just took a small wedge of wood and put it through the mounting bracket with a small screw to hold it in place to prevent the transducer from getting pushed up into the trolling motor. Works well.
    Rick

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Most transducer pucks are filled with urethane. This waterproofs and gives strength and protection to the internal piezo devices. The technique is very similar to an automobile computer. If all the juice is not leaked out, you can repair it with JB weld. Just use fine sandpaper and sand the suspected cracked spot, then apply a thin layer of JB over the crack. If you know the number on the transducer, I might can tell you what the ohmmeter should read across the xdcr pins. This is if I have the data for that particular puck.

Tom
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 05-04-2007 at 12:15 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I never thought about mounting a transom mount transducer on a tm. Maybe one of you fine fellas could post a picture to give me an idea for a bracket?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sccamper
    I never thought about mounting a transom mount transducer on a tm. Maybe one of you fine fellas could post a picture to give me an idea for a bracket?
    I think you can get the tm bracket kits at wal mart for 10 bucks or so. They are for skimmer transducers (small).
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

this is one i made had to make another one for the one i am using now . will try to remember to take a pick tomorrow and post it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast