Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Farmer

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Farmer

How did you do at Knobbs Creek? I was talking to my fishin partner yesterday about that creek because I couldn't remember what problem we had in there. He is 80 and I'm 62 but his memory is a lot better than mine. Anyway he reminded me that we couldn't keep a line down without getting hung up hard. Like a lot of old fencing under the water.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

We ended up changing plans and went to Hall's creek down on the little river around Woodville. Water was like creamed coffee. Marked alot of fish and got about 5 bites in that sludge but none took the hook. Gonna try it again when the water clears. Gonna try Knobbs sometime soon. Probably going next weekend. Sounds like rain for the middle of the week so might have to go somewhere that doesn't muddy up as bad. Let you know what I do. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report CF. We used to go to Hall's but the only place we could catch fish was in that ditch off the upper end of Little River. Its the one a mile or so past the houses. We have caught some nice ones out of there but once they quit we never could find them anyplace else.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va