Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Depth Finder Problem ..Help

Post Thanks / Like

Question Depth Finder Problem ..Help

I have a 320 Eagle on a trolling motor mount on the bow of my skiff, during the last month it has stopped showing structure or fish almost completely. It shows proper depth and looks to be working fine. But I've sunk buckets of concrete and wooden 4X4 s and it shows nothing but flat bottom. My console mount is a Lowrance 339lms it works great so I know I'm on my structure. The only thing I have located is a flex tie that was considerbly tighter than the rest, holding the cable to the trolling motor shaft..changed that today.. cable seemed a little indented there. Will try it once more before shipping it off..it's only 10 months old..anyone experienced anything similar or can offer advice..Thanks in advance ..

Post Thanks / Like

Have you checked on the price for the factory to fix it (provided it's not under warranty)? Reason I'm asking, I had a 320 that wouldn't turn off with the Power button, and when I called the factory to ask about the cost of fixing it, dude said it would be a flat rate of $107.00!!!!!!!!!! You can catch the 320s on sale at Cabelas and BPS pretty often for $150 (new). I bought another Eagle, but got a 480 this time. Just curious.
    Last edited by luvjign; 05-02-2007 at 09:24 PM.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd try another transducer before I sent it off. You know anyone that has an HST-WSU you can hook it to? Mine started doing some crazy stuff (not reading the bottom) and I hooked it to my dad's transducer on his boat. It was fine. a transducer for $40 from a guy on bassboatcentral.com and I was back in business.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You might even want to reset all the factory settings and start from there. I used this option quite a bit learning how to use all the setting since I screwed things up so bad. If nit mistaken, you can also call and speak with a service tech at Lowrance about whatever prob you are experiencing?!?
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.