I fish a local lake 80% of the year and usually can catch crappie 90% of the time. I know that in certain lakes, seasonal patterns cause crappie to go deep and the bite is tougher, but my lake allows me to find biting crappie more often than not.

yesterday, ice fishing, jigging, yielded over 30 crappie between the two of us, with over 45 fish caught in only two areas, bass, yellow perch and pics included.

Since I started lurecrafting, my prime targets to experiment on for new protoypes, are crappie and yellow perch. I figure that if a crappie will bite a lure, other sportfish species will follow suit because many lures are multispecies.

Here's a photo blog of many of the lures that I've made or fused together that have caught 6-7 species in the last few years, especially crappie.
senkosam lure photo Blog

If I'm fortunate to find a large school, I switch lures every fifth fish and take photos of lures (and fish) that get hit almost every other cast. Photos don't lie and are my best log elements.

The prototypes at the top of the page will be tried on prespawn crappies and then in summer. If prespawners won't take a lure, nothing will!

Sam