Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Comments on my Custom Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Comments on my Custom Jigs

Hey folks, I'm thinking about going into the crappie jig business. I tie my own for personal use, but I wanna know what y'all think about them before I start trying to sell them. I also need to figure out a price. These are just what I have now, I'm soon going to be able to mimic Spro's crappie jigs as close as I want. I'm set up to air brush, pour my own jigs, tie them, ect.
    These are .60 cent apiece jig heads, plus chartreuse marabou that I can't find locally, plus chartreuse and white deer hair. I believe they are 1/4th oz jigs(they're in a bulk thing at the store without labels) and they look like 1/0 hooks The hooks look like Gamakatsu black nickel Aberdeen hooks.
    It's chartreuse over chartreuse marabou over white. They are roughly 3 inches long at the longest hair fibers.
    I'm thinking of selling in packs of 2 or 4. What'd be a good price? They're full of hair and plenty of marabou, I don't do them cheap and quick.
    Here's a few shots of 4, sorry for my crappy camera.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good to me.

Very good after looking at my own.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

They look pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

good looking jigs. check out the competition for pricing. good luck on your venture.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looks Good

Jigs look great, one critique though. I noticed that the eyes are full of paint and not cleaned out. Its no problem to me but if I was gonna try and market them I would take a little more time and clear the eyes of paint. Its just a little thing that makes the customer appreciate that you went a little "extra mile" in your work...and your jigs look awesome........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappiefanatic
    Jigs look great, one critique though. I noticed that the eyes are full of paint and not cleaned out. Its no problem to me but if I was gonna try and market them I would take a little more time and clear the eyes of paint. Its just a little thing that makes the customer appreciate that you went a little "extra mile" in your work...and your jigs look awesome........
    They are cleared out, they came that way when I bought them. That's my fault with the camera angle. :p Good catch.

Post Thanks / Like

You got any pictures of those great jigs hanging out of a Slabs mouth? Are you doing this to make serious money or is it just to make some money to pay for your fishing expenses? When you set a price let us know how to order some.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SMITTY 58D
    You got any pictures of those great jigs hanging out of a Slabs mouth? Are you doing this to make serious money or is it just to make some money to pay for your fishing expenses? When you set a price let us know how to order some.
    I haven't taken them fishing yet, I will though and try to tear them up as good as I can to see how they hold up...I may send out a few to people and let them help me with that. I'm 16 and have chronic fatigue syndrome...it sucks but I have something I love to do and since I can't work a normal job, I'm seriously looking into this as a decent income.
    By the way, if you're wondering about the quality of my jigs, if any of you have ever heard of the company Lyman, my dad's best friend was taught to make striper delights and bucktail jigs by Lyman himself. He poured bucktail jig heads for him for a dime a piece. I just got back from his house and had him show me a dang near perfected system to tie jigs.
    If anyone's interested in buying some, just PM me with what you want and when you want it by and I'll let you know something.

Post Thanks / Like

they look sweet, I know the walleye would eat'm up around here.
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast