Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman water clarity ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman water clarity ?

Where does the water start to clear up on the osage arm of Truman. I was down at Berry Bend 2 weekends ago and it looked more like a field than a lake, it was dirty. I know fish can be caught in dirty water but it is easier in clearer water. Do you guys just deal with muddy water or like me look for clearer water. I have picked BB as the place I want to learn before moving on to other parts of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I just deal with it. Dip closer to cover, and use a jig head or tail that provides some vibration. Also, use black in muddy water, as it is more visible than other colors in low light.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

i personally just deal with it. i just got back from berry bend this morning, been down there since last thursday. water was still muddy but not as bad as the last 2 weekends. some big trees and debri were still floating but not as bad. muddy water don't bother me, use to it. caught over 300 crappie between 3 of us. from 6 inches to about 10 feet down. color DID NOT matter. used every color in the book, 3 of us all using different colors. i realize they can see different colors better but when we hit a good spot it was fast and furious. i tried some different rigs and did notice road runners or anything with a flashy vibration made some difference cuz my 2 partners used nothing but tube jigs. i tried different things kind of experimenting. gotta have crabbie nibbles or some kind of scent and if you do use a bobber the crappie rattl'n bobber was the way to go as i was catching 2 to their 1, they just used regular orange bobbers. well gotta go start drying everything i own out. it rained all nite and was pouring when we left. stopped and talked to some people before we left that did go out and the crappie were still biting, if you don't mind massive downpore. prolly head back friday for the weekend depending on the weather.

jeff the crappieslayer (finally)
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

well I will be down there this weekend (turkeys in the morning crappie fishing in the afternoon)

Post Thanks / Like

I look for dirty water know matter what lake I fish. Shallow dirty seems to be easier for me to target.