Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wateree On Sun

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wateree On Sun

Got hooked up with Rango yesterday morning and headed to Wateree for some striper fishing. We got to the landing just as it was getting light and had plans to get in on an early bite. We started taking stuff out of the truck to load in the boat and discovered that some water trapped under the front deck and worked it way back and ,at 27 degress out,had transformed the floor of the beast into an ice rink. That took awhile to be effectively dealt with but we finally got launched and headed out for what turned out to be a beautiful day--for a long boat ride.We fished hard and fished alot of area but only caught 1 small catfish (coulda done that on Wylie!) and had a coupla pulls. Never saw any birds workin a school. We had rods stickin out all over the beast at all different depths. Sorta like heavy tackle spider rigging. We drifted with a sock, without a sock and used the trolling motor. To his credit, Rango set up a bait tank in the beast and it worked great. The bait stayed alive and came out of the tank fully charged and lively. It was apretty day and we stopped for a nice shore lunch and a coupla frosties. Only thing better woulda been a coupla stripers. With two old men on blood thinners aboard a boat full of fish hooks and fillet knives, things coulda worked out worse.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

You covered the day real good. nothing at all bit for us, but that one catfish and kunes handled it real good. we spent more time discussin blood thinners and heart meds than catching fish. I guess old folks tend to do that a lot I felt bad we couldnt get on any fish, especially after all the fish we caught back in december. I was hoping kunes would get to feel the tug of a ten pounder but it wasnt to be so. Like he said nothing we tried worked. i heard from coach last night who is friends with a guide at murray who said they wasnt doing nothing down there either and he wasnt doing any more stripers till march. the last three trips for striper havent paid off . after this upcoming rodeo, im done with em till i hear they doing something. back to the crappie.........
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wateree Saturday

Bandman and I hit wateree for a few hours .We had 2 good pulls and that was all the action.I think Sunday will be like playing Super Bowl Champs.Rango we will meet Tuesday at Gene"s about 5:00.Gene has some medicine for you to take home.

Post Thanks / Like

ill be there. you need me to bring anything? After yesterdays dry run im thirsty for some good meds to recoup

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it will be tough this upcoming sunday on wateree. I may have to travel out of our normal stomping grounds to find them fish. I thought about a little prefishing this friday to get used to the new boat, but instead I will be heading down to wylie to try my luck at a few crappie. Still looking forward to the competition. Still trying to talk Calvin and Sam in to fishing this Sunday. We will see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rhoadie
    Sounds like it will be tough this upcoming sunday on wateree. I may have to travel out of our normal stomping grounds to find them fish. I thought about a little prefishing this friday to get used to the new boat, but instead I will be heading down to wylie to try my luck at a few crappie. Still looking forward to the competition. Still trying to talk Calvin and Sam in to fishing this Sunday. We will see what happens.
    its gonna be tough. the fish aint in colonels creek now. dont know where theyd be, but we will still be puttin in there. this weeks weather may make a difference in the bite. lets hope so.. way things are going, if you catch just one fish you stand a good chance of bein king of the hill

Post Thanks / Like

With all this warm weather,You might be surprised.I don,t know but i would bet them fish will be withen a mile of the dam. This warm weather will mabe crank them up and ,keep your eyes open,look in the back of the short creeks.The shad will be hunting that shallow,and warmer water.Just my thought.

Post Thanks / Like

time to start crowing about Sunday.......me and tool are gonna risk life and limb to catch a fish.....it may be small, but 1 fish may take the grand prize. shoot just catchin one fish may be like hittin the lotto, or gettin lucky on the slot machines. all i kno is the toolboat guided by pete here is gonna put the beast to shame. got a few tricks up my sleeve, and a place that may produce. but beleive me, we will prevail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    time to start crowing about Sunday.......me and tool are gonna risk life and limb to catch a fish.....it may be small, but 1 fish may take the grand prize. shoot just catchin one fish may be like hittin the lotto, or gettin lucky on the slot machines. all i kno is the toolboat guided by pete here is gonna put the beast to shame. got a few tricks up my sleeve, and a place that may produce. but beleive me, we will prevail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    caw caw caw... listen to that young rooster trying to crow ,, cockadoodledooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. thats how its done....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tool
    find the shad and you'll find the stripers....they gotta keep eating you know :D
    yeah,, i wish id tried a different method and area than i done sunday. them fish is there and alls a man has to do is put a minnow where they are at

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast