Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Condos for Allatoona

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Crappie Condos for Allatoona

I've got about 10 5gal buckets that previously held sheet rock mud, muscle to help build, and a 17.5' boat to help place them in the lake. Is anyone interested is supplying the bamboo/cane and concrete and more muscle to make and deploy some of these around Allatoona? With the lake down it may be a good time to get some of these in some prime places, marked by my GPS of course!

Tell me if "The Dead Sea" can be improved!! :rolleyes:

FishCrazed

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Crappie Condos

Hello Fish Crazed, I think this is a great idea, I hope you get some help in putting them in. Working together to improve fishing in your area. I wish you sucess and good fishing. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fishcrazed. I'd be glad to help, but I don't have access to any bamboo
    or cane for the project. I live close to allatoona and fish it every chance I get. I can supply some labor and some concrete, but not aware of any place to get bamboo?? It would be nice to have some spots to drop a minner when they come off the flats. I troll the flats most of the month of march and usually do pretty good. Let me know if you find some bamboo.
    Fishhead

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Fishhead! I'm putting out feelers for some cane! If you are any other lurkers know of any cane patches in our vacinity please email me at [email protected] If it is on private property I'll be glad to knock on some doors or if it's in an open public area let me know and I'll go cut a few stalks.

TIA
    FishCrazed

Post Thanks / Like

I may have a source for bamboo. I'll check on it this weekend and let you know.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

I drive to the state farmers market in Forest Park off I-75 once a week on thursday to pick up my peanuts and produce. If you can't find a local source I could bring you a load one thursday morning. I try to get to the market by 6:30am. Let me know... Good luck and tight lines to ya...
    smitty

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

I checked on a spot off of stonewalltell road where there used to be a large bunch of cane growing. Subdivision growing there now. Still looking and asking around.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for keeping an eye out for cane. I'm suprised that more NW Georgians aren't posting here. We can work together to really improve a nice body of water in our backyard.

I trolled 'Toona yesterday with a friend around the Little River area from around 1-6pm. We had 10 rods in the water. Mainly used a variety of jigs with a few tipped with minnow's. We caught 12 total with 6 good keepers with the best coming on my rod rigged with a red sparkle RattleSnake shad on a orange RoadRunner jig head. It went 1.7lbs. I was impressed!
    Last edited by FishCrazed; 02-18-2005 at 10:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I finally found some bamboo! Trying to contact property owner for permission to cut some. Pretty good stand of it. How long and what diameter should I be getting? I've got to get busy lake will start rising and we need to get them out now. I'll bring my gps too. I can bring a 16' jon to tow and haul them out in the lake in.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks reelcrappie! Since this would be my first time building these , I'd base the length on the article in this thread http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=3904 .

I'm thinking 10-12 feet maybe 15ft but you may be limited to your transportation methods. I see your in Union City, is the cane break down your way? I guess we need to cordinate a weekend to do this! Anyone else want to get in on this project?

Your Jon boat and gps are a big plus.

Email me at [email protected] and we can swap some phone numbers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast