Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Got 11 more today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got 11 more today

Fishing was much slower today than yesterday. The wind was blowing so frick'n hard I had to put my 18lb anchor out to hold the boat where I wanted. When the sun went in they all but quit biting so I took a nice boat ride checking out other spots. Today I caught most of my fish at the same depth as yesterday and all on minnows tight linning. Every fish I caught today was 10' to 12" in size. Not bad for a winter day at this lake. I would take 10 of those fish to any tournament weigh in and take my chances. Fat as a stuffed hog they was. Today I went to a 3/8oz weight to keep in contact with the bottom. Today I took my
    Richard Williams rods and my Wally marshall rods. Most of the fish came on Richards rods. Both were rigged the same way. Water temp at the surface was around 34 according to my depth finder. Fish have good color for this time of year. Maybe I'll get lucky enought to go again this month and catch some more. Catching fish this time of year and in this part of the country has me pumped up for another great year. Hell if i can do it anyone can.

Larry

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need a couple of favors Larry.

You need to fix Moose up with some of them "female" crappie this spring. Also, if you don't mind, you need too help arrange public transportation for Moose as I will get his truck this spring. haha
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

were those crappie hugging the bottom?
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

LARRY,HAD THE SAME THING HERE YESTERDAY-NE WIND SO HARD I RAN THE TROLLING MOTOR ON 4 TO TRY AND HOLD ON SPOT. IT SLOWED THE BITE DOWN ALSO-ONLY 6--ABOUT HALF OF THE DAY BEFORE!!WATER TEMP HERE WAS43 to 45*,AND MOST FISH CAME FROM 18-22 FT OF WATER.GOT ONE BLACKNOSE THAT WENT 1.5,THE REST WENT 10-11. GOOD LUCK IN IND.!!i know how those northren winters are!!!DENNIS
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com