Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: question on Stockton

Post Thanks / Like

Default question on Stockton

We will be fishing Stockton in June for the CAST classic. I have heard it has very clear water? Is there any standing timber? I don't want any spots just wondering what the lake looks like.

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry,

I live just 35 miles from Stockton. The water is very clear, it is the lake that supplies drinking water to Springfield. A lot of the time you can see the bottom of the lake when it's 20-25' deep.

There is a lot of standing timber in the lake. I usually fish Pomme and Truman, don't make it over there very often. However you can go to the MO Conservation website and find GPS coordinates for beds they have built. I talked to a fisheries biologist and he said they rarely get fished.

If you head up a few of the creeks in the lake you'll find a little darker water. There are a lot of nice crappie there.

Good Luck!
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Mark high point,the wall, sons creek, point 9-b,in june the crappie are on the bluffs,and if a little rain the are in the back of the coves in the dingy water.good luck to all who read this.