Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: post spawn?

Post Thanks / Like

Default post spawn?

Well as far as I can tell I think the crappie are moving out of the shallows and getting on the post spawn routine because I tried the shallow water brush this last weekend and only caught 6 one day and 2 the other. I was wondering what is going on where you guys fish?

Post Thanks / Like

went to ky lake over the weekend and cought all mine about 30 in 20 feet of water on drop offs

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ironbeer
    went to ky lake over the weekend and cought all mine about 30 in 20 feet of water on drop offs
    From what you say here (where you caught fish) vs where I caught fish at ky lake, I would say the second spawn is/was underway.........
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Caught all my fish Sat. in 1.5ft. of water. The males were in the bushes. I may be wrong but I think the majority of the fish are spawning right now. There will always be fish deep. Some big fish don't even spawn shallow. All the fish don't move up at one time. Some move up and out others move in. IMO they ought to be HOT on Kentucky Lake this week.

The CH...

Post Thanks / Like

yeah but the weathers already got up into the 80s down here and has been staying pretty warm. About two weeks ago though i was catching them really shallow.

Post Thanks / Like

Around here once the early morning surface temps stay above 70-degrees the spawn is pretty much over except maybe for a few stragglers. In real clear water where they can spawn deeper they may continue to spawn with warmer surface temps since it's still in the right temperature range where they are spawning.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

On my home lake in north Texas there are still fish shallow but the bigger fish have already spawned pretty much. My best fish are coming in the mouth of coves in 6-10' water and they are spawned out.
    I agree that lots of fish don't go to the banks to spawn. We fish several lakes where they spawn in timber over 20' water.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Jerry I think i was catching the straglers that were still in there and they were also small. Waters also always stained.