Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: hayward/winter area

Post Thanks / Like

Default hayward/winter area

I will be in the Hayward/Winter area the middle of June and will be fishing Lake Helane outside of Winter, the power dam on the Chippewa flowage, and Fishtrap Lake. Any ideas on other smaller bodies of water since I only will have a rowboat.
    Also, I will be in the Minocqua/Woodruff area towards the end of the month. Have been wanting to try a Blueberry Lake and Nebish Lake in the Northern Highland State Forest. Anyone know how they are for crappie? Thanks.

Upnorth2 Guest

Default Crappies Hayward

Was out on the Flowage today and did great. Between two of us we got our possession limit and a huge northern pike that went 22-pounds. Fish are not spawning as of yet but filling the bays in the end of the pre-spawn phase. Only two females had eggs, no males had sperm. Both of used a fly rod, 4-weights. Pike was nailed on a 10-weight. Water temps were about 63-degrees as well, not quite in the that ripe water temp.

Lots of fish however....

Blueberry should fish fine....fish the south end and stop in at Blueberry Hill Oasis for some directions and bait, good food too.