Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Quality Fishing Shades and Hats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Quality Fishing Shades and Hats

Searched some old threads and was able to find some good suggestions for quality sunglasses. So far looks like Costa Del Mar and Solar Bats are highly recommended with Maui Jims, Oakley's and Bolle coming in second. Any other suggestions?

Looking for something that does not scratch easily, does not fog up and would be ideal for fresh and salt water. $100-$125 would be ideal.

I've been buying some cheap polarized Calcutta glasses. They are great for about 3 months and then start scratching and getting blotches in the lenses. I'm over cheap sunglasses. Spend too much time outside and on the water to mess with cheap shades. Also looking to find a quality fishing hat that provides good shade and ventilation.
    Last edited by freeflow_23; 05-02-2007 at 09:32 AM.
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)

Post Thanks / Like

costa del mar- harpoons....get the green lenses, they are made of glass and the view from inside is amber which is great. cuts the sun off the water and you can really see struture that is under the waterline very well

Post Thanks / Like

If you're anything like me, with the way I lose and/or break shades, a pair of $16.95 BPS polarized shades is about as expensive as I dare go! LOL!!!
    I prefer spending the big $$$ on tackle.

For hats, BPS has a nice selection, so does Cabella's. I like long bill cap with "foriegn legion" style flaps to keep me from becoming too much of a redneck.
    Last edited by joejv4; 05-01-2007 at 01:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Costa del mar with the interchangeable lenses,If you scratch them a new set of lenses are under $ 50.00 Glasses with one set of lenses is about $125.00
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Post Thanks / Like

We have a discount clothing store in Richmond, Rugged Warehouse. $2.99 polarized all day long. You have to look for them, cause they are all mixed in with the others, but the number of pairs I have sat on dropped left on the roof of the car etc. would finance a small country.
    I buy about 6 pairs at a time.
    What makes a better lightning rod than a graphite fishing rod? NOTHING!

Post Thanks / Like

I missed the good quality part of the title.. think I'll go away for a while..:o
    Come back when I find my clue. Just having one of those days.
    What makes a better lightning rod than a graphite fishing rod? NOTHING!

Post Thanks / Like

Wileyx makes some good glasses. A lot of motorcycle riders wear them, but they also making fishing glasses.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Costa Del Mars and like them.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with joey BPS 16.00 spend more on tackle

Post Thanks / Like

I've worn Vuarnet's for 30 years, IMO no other optic glass compares. At 15 years old, the nylon frames on my first pair got brittle and fell apart. I bought a new pair and sent the old ones to the factory to get reconditioned. The 30yo pair has the SkiLynx lense which has phenomenal contrast and depth perception, ultimate sports glasses. The 15yo pair has the P3000 polarized lens which is general purpose light protection and UV filtering. I've never damaged a lenses even though I never use a case. Both are Model 006 "Surfer" style and both 15yo frames are as tight as new. They also make a NautiLynx lense designed for use on the water which I'd really like to try.

Costa Del Mars are the only glasses I've tried that came close. Only thing bad about Vuarnet is they're French and also you can't find any retail outlets that carry them, around here anyway. Good luck and take care of your eyes.

Hats, Bangora straw (cheap and durable) cowboy hat, 4.5" brim with a mild bullrider crease. Anything straw keeps your head so much cooler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast