Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Henshaw Crappies

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Henshaw Crappies

I fished Sunday and caught a limit on Crappie at Henshaw.

If you can get any time off of your job-leave immediately to go to Henshaw lake.

Pay the 7.50 entry and run to the dam. Fish on the rocks across from the actual dam. Black body and chartreuse jig 1/32 weight fish with a 3ft leader and a small cork no weight. Crappie are biting about 3-4ft from the bank. Make 15 ft cast and reel in very slow. Dont stop retrieve until about 1ft from the shore they will bite almost on the bank.

My dad and I caught our limits in about 4 hrs of fishing. IF YOU CAN FISH ON THE ACTUAL DAM, YOU WILL CATCH SOME OF THE BIGGEST CRAPPIES YOU EVER SEEN. I caught 33 slabs none under 2 lbs about 2 weeks ago. I gave all the crappie over my limit to some of those less fortunate fisherman who watched with their mouths open. The ranger stopped us from fishing on the actual rocks. Their is not a better spot in all of california.

good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great

Way To Go. I May Give The Lake A Try. Was There A Lot Of People There?what Tim Of The Day Were You Fishin?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Mgmnt has restricted access

I got there early and trolled and caught a couple of crappies. Then, I docked the boat down by the rocks and fished off the rocks around 11:00 pm. My dad and I killed them. I got pictures but I am new and dont know how to post them.

Yesterday they put up a sign restricting anyone from fishing on the dam or to the right and left of the damm. However you can fish outside the ropes. You will still catch crappies.

They say because of the terrorist threat. They dont want anyone near any damms fishing. Give me a break. The price of freedom.

If you ever get a chance to fish on the rocks immediately below the actual damm you will never forget it. I caught 36 and no fish was under 2.2lbs. I caught 6 fish in 6 casts no more than 5 feet from the bank. GET THE NET!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

I Am Going To Drive Down Monday Morning. I Live Up In Pearblossom. It Is Near Palmdale. 135 Miles. Not Going To Take The Boat. Just Gona Fish Off Thge Shore. Neve Been There & Want To Check The Lake Out. I Usually Catch My Share With Stingers 1.5 Long. All Colors. Most Fun With A Bobber. As For The Pictures You Have To Lode Them On A Host Thing. Web Site. I Have One Of My Own If You Ever Want To Use It. Shedtoy.com Thanks For The Info. I Will Let You Know How I Do.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't wait to try Henshaw

I have been reading some about them crappie out at henshaw. I am glad to see someone else on here from the San Diego area. I go to SDFISH quite often and I use the name CrappieBoyz on there. I am in Afghanistan right now but will be home in three weeks and I am hoping that the crappie bits is still pretty good there.

Try to get the pics on here or if you have them up at SDFISH let me know.