Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Which is best for night crappie fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which is best for night crappie fishing?

I want to learn how to night fish for crappie/white perch. I would appreciate some input as to what kind of light to use. The submersible "green" or the lantern above the water. I am fishing the Saline/Larto complex in Louisiana. Thanks to all yall.

Post Thanks / Like

The NC board has a lot on night stalkers and they ave discussed lights at lenght over the last few months. I would check that board or run a search.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by whizkids
    The NC board has a lot on night stalkers and they ave discussed lights at lenght over the last few months. I would check that board or run a search.
    Thanks whizkidz
    I will run a search on that board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crossbayouguy
    I want to learn how to night fish for crappie/white perch. I would appreciate some input as to what kind of light to use. The submersible "green" or the lantern above the water. I am fishing the Saline/Larto complex in Louisiana. Thanks to all yall.
    If you can , use both a surface light and a submersible. If I had to choose, I would use the surface light, especially in the spring/summer months. CK.

Just get him on, then we'll worry about getting him in!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieKrazy
    If you can , use both a surface light and a submersible. If I had to choose, I would use the surface light, especially in the spring/summer months. CK.
    Thanks for the info.
    I went ahead and ordered one of those green lights and I will get one of the surface lights next week. I will let everyone know how the learnen is progressen.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

We are planning to do a night fishing show at Weiss Lake this spring. Will probably be a little different than most. Stay tuned to Midwest Crappie....!!!!
    Russ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Show me how its done.

Quote Originally Posted by russ
    Hello,

We are planning to do a night fishing show at Weiss Lake this spring. Will probably be a little different than most. Stay tuned to Midwest Crappie....!!!!
    Russ
    I will be sure to tune in. What channel? Outdoor channel?
    And where is Weiss lake?

Thanks for the info. Russ
    Byron

Post Thanks / Like

Well I got to tell you there is a lot of contraversie about the color of lights in the Carolinas - we all agree that the submersables are the way to go - most use a combination - of the submersable and the floaters - we have laterns to see in the boat - but when it comes to color some cuss the green lights and some swear by them - I have both the q-beam and that are whte and the BPS that light up green under water - on the nights I have been out it appears the green lights seem to produce more fish - crappiekrazy will tell you they do make a pretty christmas tree if nothing else - the main thing is to put them at different depths - Kunes and Rango are the nightstalking experts - you can find them on both the SC and NC boards - I don't know about Kunes but I know Rango don't use no green lights
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    Well I got to tell you there is a lot of contraversie about the color of lights in the Carolinas - we all agree that the submersables are the way to go - most use a combination - of the submersable and the floaters - we have laterns to see in the boat - but when it comes to color some cuss the green lights and some swear by them - I have both the q-beam and that are whte and the BPS that light up green under water - on the nights I have been out it appears the green lights seem to produce more fish - crappiekrazy will tell you they do make a pretty christmas tree if nothing else - the main thing is to put them at different depths - Kunes and Rango are the nightstalking experts - you can find them on both the SC and NC boards - I don't know about Kunes but I know Rango don't use no green lights
    I disagree that submersible lites are the way to go. I use clamp on lites with 12v incandescent bulbs 'cause back when I started nitefishin that is about all there was. I have used a q-beam on the back of the boat and a clamp on on the front many times and not noticed any difference in performance. Never used a green lite-just cuss em for fun. Fished alongside guys using floaters alot and noticed no difference either. I also use clamp ons to lite the inside of the boat. Where you're at is more important than what light you use.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default To light or not to light?

Well I think you hit it on the head. It matters most where you aremore so than what light. Like i said I am learning and I will let everyone know what I find this coming week. Everyone here on the board has been so much help. It cuts way down on the trial and error process. Our water is usually muddy though or NOT as clear as further north. Is minners the used most of the time for night fishing or jigz? Thanks for your help Hope you work on em hard when you get the chance.