Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Richard Williams 7 1/2 Ft Crappie Pole

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Richard Williams 7 1/2 Ft Crappie Pole

After my company left this morning, I had to try out my new pole (thanks Fatboy). Mounted my little Diawa underspin DX40 and rigged up a slip bobber with a #1 brass hook and split shots. I kicked around some leaves and found a nice fat night crawler for bait. I strolled down to the boat dock (rode 4 wheeler) to give the new rig a tryout. The wind was up, and lake was white capping somewhat. Figured I was wasting my time, but what the hell. I rared back and give a good sling, and over threw my brushpile by 20 ft. As i was reeling in to the brushpile, BAM, something hit the bait. I thought it was a bass, so I set the hook hard. The fish started running and was stripping line off my reel. I was trying to turn the fish, and this pole was bent double. I thought any second the pole would snap. I finally turned the fish, and reeled it on in. It was a 2 1/2 to 3 pound channel cat. Very unusual for me to catch cats in my holes this time of the year. By the way Richard, I am impressed with the pole. The next test will be Richard's against Wally's. lol ... Just to share.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tom:

Ain't life grand - thanks for sharing. Did you get my email?
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Cane Pole, I have just ask for info on 7.5 footer of Richard Williams. I am glad to see a good positive report. Could you please give any insight about this pole? Is it a single piece or two piece? Is there much difference in the sensitivity.

Thanks gracie1goose
    Doug Jenkins
    Cullman, Al.

anyone one the board all help appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

And hey Cane Pole what kinda line are you spooling on your spinning rig? The catfish are biting real good here on Saline/Larto. Crappie/White Perch are not doing much just yet. But I am sure they will once the water starts falling.

Post Thanks / Like

It is a 2 piece gracie. I got me one and bought Tom one for his hospitality. It is really nice. I needed one that length because all of mine are really short or really long. Haven't tried it in action yet, but i "whipped" it around Richards yard though. Glad Tom thinks it is a good rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a good report on Richard's rod. I knew he was involved with catfishing, didn't know you were. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crossbayouguy
    And hey Cane Pole what kinda line are you spooling on your spinning rig? The catfish are biting real good here on Saline/Larto. Crappie/White Perch are not doing much just yet. But I am sure they will once the water starts falling.
    Four pound test that came with the Diawa reel. Don't know the manufacturer of the line. Just checking out the pole really. It is pretty darn good. I can buy 2 of Richards poles vs one of Wally Marshall's similar pole. Richard's pole is IM7 and Wally Marshall's pole is IM8 (the one I own). I was bragging about Wally's poles here as my favorite pole not too long ago, but now it looks like I might (might) change my mind. I was impressed with Richard's pole this AM. Mainly because it did not break, and boy was it bent and I mean really bent!!!! Just to share.

Post Thanks / Like

Default good pole

Quote Originally Posted by gracie1goose
    Hey Cane Pole, I have just ask for info on 7.5 footer of Richard Williams. I am glad to see a good positive report. Could you please give any insight about this pole? Is it a single piece or two piece? Is there much difference in the sensitivity.

Thanks gracie1goose
    Doug Jenkins
    Cullman, Al.

anyone one the board all help appreciated.
    I have only owned it for a day and am already impressed with the pole. It has been "abused" already and stood up damn good. Will post more when I catch more "real" fish. I will say this right now though. For the money, it a dang good deal....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sounds the rig to have

Sounds great. Im gonna have to find a couple of those poles. I think I been using to heavy a line.
    Thanks