Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new buddy PeeWee

Post Thanks / Like

Default My new buddy PeeWee

Found this little fellar outside the house this morning as I was leaving to go fishing.
    We found one of these about four years ago and it was no bigger than a large mouse. My wife force fed it with a dropper for quite a while just to keep him alive. It finally grew up and was quite a good pet. My kids played with that thing and toted him around everywhere.He never even tried to bite. The kids named him Spanky. He left one day after a female and never came back.
    Attachment 10801
    Last edited by england; 04-03-2008 at 07:14 PM.
    Biguns only:D

Post Thanks / Like

He's so ugly, he's almost cute! Friends of ours had a raccoon that they raised from a baby (the momma got run over and he was rescued from the road) He lived for quite a while and was really something else. They had a hard time keepin him out of the aquarium though!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

now that's the kind of pet my wife needs.

Post Thanks / Like

sweeeet, nice rescue.
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

They're cool but some would say look too much like a rat! Ha! I have brought home all kinds of animals over the years . Opposums , Raccons , Deer, Rabbits , Birds , Squirrels, and various anphipians and reptiles. Yea even snakes of all kinds. So these days my woman is terrified of snakes and my son does the same thing. I can't say much when I did the same thing .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

That would make a cool pet,but when you tried to teach him to fetch he might play dead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HotRodChevy
    That would make a cool pet,but when you tried to teach him to fetch he might play dead
    thats good

Post Thanks / Like

What would you feed a possum that size. I have quite a possum problem around my house. They come right up and sit with my cats and eat with them. Just sit there and wait for me to pour feed into the bowl. Gets kind of expensive feed the entire family. Every now and then I have to implement a population reduction program.
    Crappie spawning and morels popping up at the same time. What was God thinking when he made that schedule. It's pure torture every spring deciding which to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, My mom has a friend up in prince edward island canada. They are both gardeners. Mom went up there to visit and this lady who takes great pride in the beautiful garden and was showing off her meticulously cared plants. My mom looks over this perfect garden and spots a particularly tall green plant that has obviously been cared for with all the rest of the garden and chuckles. She says - "Lorraine do you know what that plant is?" Lorraine answers, "I'm not sure, but it sure grows well with a minimum of care." Mom says, "thats a pigweed, a really bad weed that will ruin your garden if you let it grow there." Lorraine is embarrassed and proceeds to vigorously grab it by the stalk and yank it out by the roots, and toss it in the burn pile. Which she should have.

The moral of this story is. Dude! Thats a possum! An evolutionary (I don't believe in evolution, but it sounds good in my rant) downgrade from a rat. They are the most wretched, ugly, vile, smelly, disgusting animals that walk on American soil. I'm sure that God created them for some reason, but they must have sinned in some awful way and God removed all and any virtue that they ever had as punishment, and commanded them to eat garbage forever. I suppose even maggots have a purpose (catching fish and eating dead stuff), but I wouldn't have one in the house as a cuddly pet, and you can't even catch fish with a possum, but they do eat dead stuff, so they are at least half as good as maggots..

This is what they grow up to look like. Don't you just want to give it a pet and a smooch? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...canOpossum.jpg
    I know I'm a mean possum hater.

My family and I have had every kind of wild pet we have rescued from sure death including a raccoon for 4 yrs, every kind of bird including hawks and great horned owls flying around inside the house, but there are limits, and those limits include rats and possums. God made them ugly and wretched so we wouldn't be tempted to keep them from their duties.

I sincerely apologize if I have offended with my opinions, but sometimes even a sweet bear like myself has to speak the ugly truth once in a while.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 05-01-2007 at 01:26 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie&shrooms
    What would you feed a possum that size. I have quite a possum problem around my house. They come right up and sit with my cats and eat with them. Just sit there and wait for me to pour feed into the bowl. Gets kind of expensive feed the entire family. Every now and then I have to implement a population reduction program.
    This little dude likes bugs,My wife has been feeding him babyfood. They really like crickets. This one is big enough to feed by himself. The last one we had was not half this size. We would put him inside a cricket cage full of crickets and let him go at it. It was quite a site.
    I see grizz has never raised one . They are much better pets than coons. Racoons are way to much trouble. Been there done that.
    Biguns only:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast