Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The best Trolling Motor

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The best Trolling Motor

Hello all, I have a question. What is your favorite brand of trolling motor and why? The reason I am asking, I bought a Minnkota 2 yrs ago and the rear bearing and seal rubbed a grove in the armature and water got in to the motor and of course it is not working at the moment.
    I was looking at the motor guides and reading reviews and there is a lot of complaints about the gator mount 360, most of the reviews were in 2006. Has motorguide fixed the problems?
    Sorry for all the questions but, I would like to spend my money on a good product. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I should include that I am looking for a bow mount trolling motor.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

I just replaced the motorguide on my tracker after 8 years of faithfull service. It still worked but after Ive rammed it into the trailer, almost got on plane with it still down, crashed it into hundreds if not thousands of docks, stumps, trees, rocks and broke the fin off of it while trying to straighten the shaft after before mentioned trailer ramming, it was a bit hard to steer so I bought a used one of the same make and model and thats how much I like motorguide. I still keep it as a backup in case I decide to try and drive the boat on the trailer again without lifting the trolling motor first.

May she rest in peace

Post Thanks / Like

I also like the motorguide, got a new one and it had the gator mount and i got a part in the mail(ain`t put it on yet cause i have not had any trouble with the other one) it was a collar which goes in the brackett up top. May be what you had heard of.You know what they say about opinions.......Dennis I did not order the part it just showed up in the mail one day...Good Fishing
    Last edited by DENNIS WILLIS; 04-30-2007 at 07:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tm

motorguide

Post Thanks / Like

I swear by MotorGuide, have had 3 in the last 20 yrs, all still worked when i replaced them, just wanted a newer one. never had the first problem with them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a motorguide but it will be my last. It is a herky jerky piece of junk compared to a minn Kota. My next t/m will be a M/K Maxim.

Post Thanks / Like

Minn Kota---hands down.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had Minn Kota and Motorguide on 2 different boats. One was just as good as the other. Never had a problem with either one.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a motor guide and I've not had any trouble with it at all. I read some of the same reviews you've read. If motor guide has corrected their problem and I decide to get another one when mine quits, I will get a motor guide.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I will never own another motorguide!!!!!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast