Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ice Fishing At COREY LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice Fishing At COREY LAKE

Went to COREY LAKE Saturday to do some ice fishing and there was about 40 other guys out there also. The ice was 10" thick and very soft. Started fishing about 4:00 P.M. and not much action until around 8:00 P.M. then the fish finder started to heat up showing lots of fish in this area. We started catching Crappie one right after another ending up with a total of 28 in a short amount of time. This was my first time ever on this Lake and I will certainly check this Lake out in the spring for some more Crappie action!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, ice fishing isn't my thing just yet. Anyway, there's been too many people falling through the ice with the heat wave we've been getting . It looks like I'm going to venture to other waters again this year. Over in the Ann Arbor area, I really haven't had much success lately, so who knows. If this trend keeps up, I might have to bring out my poles a little early...even though this is MI and the weather can change like gas prices.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Len: THanks for the info on Corey. THat's very close to where I work. Will have to try it this summer. Did you see the public landing? Decent? Glad to see you had some luck. What were you using?

Post Thanks / Like

Hello jcass,
    The launch did not look to bad but it was hard to tell at night.I was using pinkie jigs made by stopper lures tipped with minnows and was fishing in 16ft.
    The area was located on the north shore out from two stone houses.