Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The bite is on at Smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Default The bite is on at Smithville

They are on the bank, south end of the lake. The females have not laid their eggs yet. The ones I caught were not quite ready. Limited out in about 3 hours with a lot of small ones. Males are black black and sqirting sperm if squeezed. Caught all on pearl twister but most colors should work. :D

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report. I knew that it had to be getting about that time i plan on hitting it later this week if the weather holds out. Jim C.

Post Thanks / Like

And I spent the afternoon planting trees! Thanks for the info. Bit surprised that the south end of the lake producing before the north.

Post Thanks / Like

I only fished the south end so I don't know about the north.

Post Thanks / Like

I was on my way to find out about the north end this morning,then the car started making a funny noise...headed to the shop now

and it wasn't a ha-ha funny noise...sounded like the sound of money leaving my pocket!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default lots of little fish

We went out this morning and caught a lot of small males. We probably caught 50+ fish and 2 keepers .

Just curious...when you say "south" part of the lake, are you meaning past the bridge at Camp Branch? The water is warming but it is still 59-61 degrees. Should be good anyday now....however, I am tired of saying that. Seems like I have been thinking "anyday" now for 2 weeks.
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Sat. from 12pm to 5 pm with the 2 boys. We brought home 12 or so keepers with alot of the typical Smithville 8 1/2"er's.....

Sun fished from 7am to 12 pm only 2 keepers. All up the lake in Camp Branch. For some strange reason they are catching more fish shallow main lake than up in the rivers???? Go figure, water clariety is still good upriver. Temp was 60.5 were I was. Around the Golf Courses is were I will be spending my time this week, Lee

Post Thanks / Like

It is good to hear that they are biting
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Went again today and limited out but took longer. Around 10 am it slowed down. My dad was fishing truman and he said it slowed there about the same time. What's up with that?
    South end of lake is southeast of the dam - there is a long cove where Marcus lives. Thats as close as I will tell you unless you share your honey hole with me. :D The females are closer to being ready. Some smaller ones squirted eggs when taking off the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by love2fish
    Went again today and limited out but took longer. Around 10 am it slowed down. My dad was fishing truman and he said it slowed there about the same time. What's up with that?
    I work nights,so most my fishing is mornings...almost like clockwork,the crappie slow way down around 10-10:30..can't give you a reason.I always thought it was the angle of the sun,but it happens in winter also??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast