Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My Bad!! Wrong Fishfinder Info.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Bad!! Wrong Fishfinder Info.

Well, I wrote the post, proof read it & still made a mistake. Thanks for calling it to my attention, Crappiepappy. The fishfinder that I have is the Eagle Fish ID II. Can anyone tell me approximately how old it is? The serial number, if that would help, is SN - 1149319. The only link I can find to manuals is the one that will sell me a photocopy of an original. It's right at $8.00 for the manual, $7.9? & then there's, I think, about $5 on top of that for shipping. It's going to cost me around $13 to get a new manual. Now that I've, (hopefully) correctly identified the thing, what help and/or suggestions can you guys give me?

Tugaloo

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up You're in luck, Tug ...

I have that manual. Its copyright is 1990 ... so that should be about right for the "age" of your unit.
    If you are going to keep the unit and try to make it work correctly - I'd be more than happy to send you the manual. Just click on my screen name (crappiepappy) on this post ... then click on "send e-mail to crappiepappy" ... my e-mail address is listed there. Just click on it and you're good to go. Send me your mailing address, and I'll get the manual in the mail to you, in the next couple of days.

NOTE ... if the screen is cluttered with pixels, regardless of the sensitivity setting (& especially on low sensitivity setting) -- or you have "vertical lines" of "missing" or "washed out" pixels (looks like someone "erased" a line or two, or more, of the screen picture) ... you're unit has probably seen its better days. In which case, you'd be better served in getting a new unit (and don't forget to check with Lowrance and see if they'd take the old one in on trade for another Eagle or Lowrance model ... 1-800-324-1356 -- and you might tell the "rep" you talk to at this number - what problems your unit is experiencing ... they might be able to help you solve the problem. They would, also, probably be able to tell you if they would take the unit in on trade and how much discount it would bring. I doubt they are still servicing these units.) ....... luck2ya .......cp

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiepappy, check your email.

Thanks

Tugaloo

Post Thanks / Like

Tugaloo
    I've found the folks at Lowrance/Eagle customer service to be extemely helpful. Also there is company Three Rivers Marine Electronics in Elizabeth, PA Toll Free 1-888-549-8307. That is dealer for Eagle and frequently have trade-in deals going.

Their website is
    http://www.threeriversmarine.com/

You can also contact them by email and most of the time they respond the same day.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville