Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Skiptomylu and Thump It Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skiptomylu and Thump It Jigs

Finally got out on a local lake to day about 4 pm. I had purchased some jigs from Skip prior to our trip to FL in Feb., but really didn't give them much of a chance. I've hardly ever fished jigs for crappie, prefering live minnows under floats.

I didn't tear 'em up today, but I did learn something. I fished two rods all afternoon, exact same setup except one w/minnows and one with Skip's jigs. Kept them within 3 feet of each other. Caught six total, four of 'em on Skip's jigs. All were dinks except one that came off as I reached for it from the boat. It probably would have went 12".

I'm a believer now. Going back tomorrow, taking the grandkids. Should be fun. Thanks for a great product Skip!!
    Last edited by SkeeterJeff; 04-28-2007 at 08:55 PM.
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterJeff
    Finally got out on a local lake to day about 4 pm. I had purchased some jigs from Skip prior to our trip to FL in Feb., but really didn't give them much of a chance. I've hardly ever fished jigs for crappie, prefering live minnows under floats.

I didn't tear 'em up today, but I did learn something. I fished two rods all afternoon, exact same setup except one w/minnows and one with Skip's jigs. Kept them within 3 feet of each other. Caught six total, four of 'em on Skip's jigs. All were dinks except one that came off as I reached for it from the boat. It probably would have went 12".

I'm a believer now. Going back tomorrow, taking the grandkids. Should be fun. Thanks for a great product Skip!!
    Hey thanks for the kind words SketterJeff. Glad to hear them jigs are still out fishing minnows, LOL! Sorry you didn't get into the big ones and they for sure like jigs better.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh that skip is the pusher man! He's got what you NEED.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skips Jigs Day 2

Went out again today, got on the water a bit earlier than yesterday. Didn't get to take the grandkids, so it was serious fishing with my wife.

She fished minnows under bobber all day, I fished nothing but Skips Jigs under a smaller bobber than I used yesterday. We caugh 17 crappie total. Mostly dinks, but a couple were worth keeping.

Here's the kicker.

Jeff (Skips Jigs) total 13

Jill (Live Minnows) total 4

She almost wasn't speaking to me by the time we called it a day. Says she's starting out with Skips Jigs next weekend. <G>

Thanks again Skip!!
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Post Thanks / Like

ive bought some of skips jigs myself and allthough i havent racked up on them yet i have to say they are some quality jigs made just the way i requested. in the jigs defence i havent racked up on anything lately and i bought them because i done real well on a similar jig in november and december last fall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterJeff
    Went out again today, got on the water a bit earlier than yesterday. Didn't get to take the grandkids, so it was serious fishing with my wife.

She fished minnows under bobber all day, I fished nothing but Skips Jigs under a smaller bobber than I used yesterday. We caugh 17 crappie total. Mostly dinks, but a couple were worth keeping.

Here's the kicker.

Jeff (Skips Jigs) total 13

Jill (Live Minnows) total 4

She almost wasn't speaking to me by the time we called it a day. Says she's starting out with Skips Jigs next weekend. <G>

Thanks again Skip!!
    LOL, you better watch that with the wife. You better let her do well too. That's just too funny!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!