Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: finally a few

Post Thanks / Like

Default finally a few

finally got on a few good fish today after a long spring so far. i was catching them about 4 ft down in 10ft of water. but now im confused when i was catching them i assumed they had spawmed and was hanging around these treetops (water temp was 72). when i cleaned them 2 still had eggs. what do you guys in the south east think about this and also maybe some folks from the south could tell me what they are finding in their area. i fished the backs of some slews in pretty shallow water but had no luck there. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Here in north Ga I have been finding some shallow on wood and some deep (15-20 feet) around docks. cleaned some today that had eggs that were ready. I think ( but I could be wrong lol ) that with the cold fronts that hit us early in the month really set some of the fish back and with the up coming full moon next week there will be some fish spawning that didn't earlier. water temp befor the front was in low 70 but now its still mid 60's

Post Thanks / Like

water temps here in low 70's. Finding fish in 12 to 18 feet of water about 8 feet down. Females are still carrying eggs, some developed more than others. Weird spring crappie fishing. Caught two large males today , one with beatup tail. have a feeling they're getting ready to spawn in deeper water to get away from the sunlight. Just a guess.