The catfish bite was TOUGH today. Goodness we need some water! Fortunately the few fish we coerced into eating a little "shad candy" were quality fish. Wendy Williams placed the winning bid on a trip I donated to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Banquet. She's a hardcore flyfishing "trout purist" and sure knows her way around the water. She brought along her friend David Woodcock. I supposed she wasn't sure how good a company I'd be. <grin> We had a blast even though the cats made us work. But Wendy brought along a flyrod and some streamers for fun. After we tagged a few decent cats (a 12#, a 22# and a 27#), we went and tracked down a friend who I consider the "spotted bass king." He very kindly invited us to slide in front of he and his partner. Me and David were hammerin' spots on grubs and it took a while, but Wendy managed to entice a few to eat her streamer. Spotted bass on a flyrod.. that was cool. We also tagged a couple of small smallies and several warmouth. It was a great fun day with a mixed bag. We knocked out a couple of more decent cats up near the dam in spite of the ugly wind and called it day about 4 pm.