Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minnor under slip-bobber...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnor under slip-bobber...

I'm not real sure how you rig up slip bobbers and how they work. A walk-through of the minnow under a slip-bobber rig would be greatly appreciated.
    If you've got fishin' fever, I've got the fishin' PLAGUE!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbzilla
    I'm not real sure how you rig up slip bobbers and how they work. A walk-through of the minnow under a slip-bobber rig would be greatly appreciated.
    Well,there are a few ways of doing it,in order to keep it simple lets go and buy a slip bobber,then buy bobber-stops.They are little plastic discshaped objects with usually three or four holes in it.You thread your line thru the holes,add a little bead that comes with the Bobber-stops.thread your slipbobber on,tie a hook to the end of the line,above the hook I usually put a small pinch on lead shot.You adjust the depth that you are fising by sliding the bobber stop up or down the line.I anything is unclear pm me.bk
    Last edited by justme; 04-28-2007 at 04:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

There are a few different types of bobberstops -- the kind justme described, the flourescent thread on a little tube that you thread on your line, remove the tube and tighten the thread and the little rubber one that you slide on (I don't think this one stays in place real well). The thread works best on my rods. I've tried the plastic bobberstops, but if the eyes on your rod are small, they want to hang up and not move through smoothly.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crappie Stalker
    I've tried the plastic bobberstops, but if the eyes on your rod are small, they want to hang up and not move through smoothly.
    I found an easy way to get around the problem that you mentioned above. Just before the bobber stop gets to the first eye, drop your rod tip pointing it towards the water. This puts slack in the line and gives the stop a straighter shot through the eyes.
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip. Maybe now I'll use the rest of that big pack I bought!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the bobber stops I prefer. They are made by arnolls and I can only find them at wal-mart. The come in a small plastic vial with beads included.

Here is how I rig my slip. The pic is a little fuzzy but you can still see the parts. First is the red bobber stop, followed by a green bead, then a Thill (the only brand to use) bobber, next is a clam shell sinker (heavy enough to hold the bobber upright), then the hook.

I keep about 6-8" of line between the sinker and hook and the distance between stop and bobber is, of course, variable for the depth you are fishing. I believe the clam shell sinkers do not hang up as easy as a normal split shot.

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the same Thill slip corks as Mopar Matt but I tie my own bobber stops. If you take the time to learn this simple knot, that knowledge and a 50 cent roll of kite string should last you roughly 20-40 years of slip corkn'. Best of all it [kite string] passes through guides, bails, bell covers etc. on any reel.

I don't use beads anymore, they don't appear to be serving a valuable purpose as the holes on them are often bigger than the hole on the float and the knot tend to get wedged in them. My 2 pennies.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

I dont use bobber stops, insted i pull a rubber off a spinner bait and tie it on the line above the bobber, trim the tag ends and it reels thru the guides no problem. It also adjust the depth very easily, slide it up slide it down
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Good thread. I've never used bobber stops either and I was curious how to rig one myself.

Post Thanks / Like

can also use a rubber band........take a 1 inch long piece of a rubber band and tie it to your line. trim the ends so that there is only 1/8th inch from each side. can use regular comal tackle cigar corks i think they work the best.

http://comaltackle.com/catalog/peg_flt.html
    Last edited by kendall2007; 04-29-2007 at 09:22 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast