Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Got The Info On My Fishfinder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got The Info On My Fishfinder

The fishfinder that I now have, & that I'm thinking that I might replace is an Eagle Fish Finder II. It doesn't do gray scale. I don't know any of the specs on it as to what the pixel number is or the cone angle or any of that stuff. I have checked & I can order a copy of a copy of the owner's manual for $8. That's not a typo. The manual is no longer in print, but they can run one off on a copier. I was hoping I could see the pages on the website & maybe print my own copy, but if that's possible, I haven't found it yet. So, what do you guys think? Would replacing this one with a newer fishfinder make much difference in my ability to find fish. If anyone is familiar with this unit, does it have enough resolution to show stumps, brush piles, etc. I've never seen them, but maybe I'd not reading it right or else I haven't been in the right place. I can go probably up to as much as $200 for a new one if I wait a couple of months. I really would appreciate any advice you guys might offer.
    Is a new one a wise investment or a waste of money?

Tugaloo

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

have you tried the eagle website. I downloaded one from hummibird. I have a cuda 168.....Cheap one just 120.00. It seems to work great for me. It draws a good picture of structure.If it is a christmas tree on its side it draws it like it looks. I also have a humminbird tcr-id-1. It works great but the transducer is bad. I called them and they don't make or service it anymore. They said I could use the trade in program. The prices are great $100 less than retail online. I am going to get the Matrix 67 for $289 or the 37 for $159 bucks. The 67 has loads of GPS maps and stuff I ain't smart enough to use.lol

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Hey Tug ...

I still don't recognize that model name. How many buttons does it have and what do they do ? Eagle makes several models that are "II's" (2's), but I don't recognize "Fish Finder II". I've had a "Fish ID II" & a "Magna II", and I know they've had an "Ultra II" ............

Look on this link and see if you can find your depth finder:
    http://www.lei-extras.com/store/sear...er%27s+Manuals

If I happen to have the manual for it, you're welcome to it.

On the thought of "upgrading" ... if your unit isn't performing correctly, or is so old and outdated that it isn't of much use - then getting a newer model might be worth it. Or you might check with Eagle and see if they would offer you a deal like FalconSmitty is talking about. It's your money ... and a good set of "underwater eyes" is a big help in locating structure, and keeping you in the correct depth or position.

Any depth finder, even the oldest and crudest models, should be able to draw you a picture of bottom structure....even if it is only two or three large black blocks (old pixel size) on the bottom of the screen. .......cp