Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Well the crappie are biting again

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well the crappie are biting again

Wen out for a few hours today and caught a lot of fish, but many were small. Had a great time anyway and caught about 40+ in that few hours.

I tried a jig that I had not tried before, what a dummy I am, Mark Robinson told me about this jig last fall and I tied me up some back then and it took me until today to give them a shot. Used a few other colors, but that jig caught about 90% or more of the fish.

Oh and only kept 5 for the wife and I to have this weekend. Had a few more big enough, but pitched them back.

He calls it the gray ghost. It's the 4th jig down on the left of this page.
    http://thumpitjigs.com/MoreJigPics.html

Shhhhh, it's a secret, LOL!
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 04-27-2007 at 10:08 PM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Good news Skip. Might have to try that jig. I won't make it back up there til the end of May and I'm guessing we'll be on a little deeper water pattern by then. A big ole nasty DEEP VEE could be pretty useful:D
    on the road again...just can't wait to get back to...TOLEDO BEND

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

How was the ide in the new boat? Bet all the Crappie said "WOW" and just jumped in the boat figuring they must as well give up anyway. You meant business and were coming after them. There is a new Crappie Sheriff in town.

old ship
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41
    How was the ide in the new boat? Bet all the Crappie said "WOW" and just jumped in the boat figuring they must as well give up anyway. You meant business and were coming after them. There is a new Crappie Sheriff in town.

old ship
    I don't have it yet and if I get the G3 it will have to be ordered since they don't carry them here. Now if I sell my boat soon (very soon) I may go to Dallas and get a Lund the same size. Actually I would prefer that, but I don't know if I can wait to make a deal.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rangertee
    Good news Skip. Might have to try that jig. I won't make it back up there til the end of May and I'm guessing we'll be on a little deeper water pattern by then. A big ole nasty DEEP VEE could be pretty useful:D
    I couldn't believe how good these jig were, I really didn't expect to catch so many fish, but I did. All trolling with about 10' or less of line out using a 1/8 and 1/16 oz. Mark uses small hooks because he says they don't hang up as bad when fishing brush so I tied these like that and they sure work good.

I don't men they hut hit it either, they were eating it deep in their mouths. It was a very light bite considering I was trolling, but still deep in their mouth.

I am having a hard time holding off on getting that old nasty Deep V.

The thing that make my head spin is that this darn G3 has a 33 gallon fuel tank and I read one review that said if you pull your speed back to 20 something MPH you could run about 200 miles, LOL! I think they said about 25, don't remember exactly.

Peak Vise Dealer

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

if you go north you can get a better deal a lund dearler on ever corner!!!with a alumacraft dealer in betwin them!!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by billbob
    if you go north you can get a better deal a lund dearler on ever corner!!!with a alumacraft dealer in betwin them!!
    I would bet that the dealer in Dallas will beat the up North guys. I would be willing to be if you call one of them and get a price not only would it not be a complete rig the way I would set one up, but it would start higher too.

When he quotes a boat it's with the right size motor, trailer with brakes, TM, Sonar, SS prop, rigged and ready to roll out. He had to sell people down South on a Lund style boat and that takes some selling and good pricing or they would just go get their Mod V or bass boat or bay boat and go on.

Every customer I see talk about him and the Lund are always talking about how well he takes care of you and from speaking with him on the phone it's totally different than any boat dealer I ever spoke with and that's a bunch of them.

Peak Vise Dealer