Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loz 2/5/04

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loz 2/5/04

Fished out of coffman beach, Good trip a little cool but was nice, lots of boats on the water. Lots of running around for them, must have not found the bite yet. Had to fish the backs of the coves to find the less muddy water 2-3 foot visiblity. 15-25 foot over brush all on jigs. Couldnt get them even look at the minnows. Main lake was very muddy and lots of prop killers floating in the water. Burned less than 5 gallons of gas all day... Till next time
    Last edited by TAE73; 02-05-2005 at 07:56 PM.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

so how many?
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

20 that were worth keeping no monsters. Had several on the 9" line that could have keep for a limit, but threw them back for another day. Not to bad since I hadnt had a rod in my hand for a month. And partner hadnt for several months too.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Tae, we had similar results in bringing home about 20. We caught fish in coves and along main lake brush. Didn't fish very many docks, concentrated on cover that was in 10-25'. Good outing all in all. There was some skim ice in the coves in the morning but it burned off by 10.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I didnt see any ice but was sure looking for it, didnt want to turn my boat into a icebreaker or titantic. What part of the lake were you fishin?
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Tae, without giving out specific mile markers (not really my spots) we fished mid lake on the Osage arm.

Post Thanks / Like

No I wasnt wanting to know your spots, just tring to find out a general area. Just want to know the water conditions of the ice and water. I fish mostly between the 36 and 50 on the osage, but didnt this time becuase was afraid it would be to muddy.
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Fished out of Coffman and had limit in about three hours 10-13 inchers. Only had one short crappie that was released. jig tipped with minnow about 6-8 feet down in 15-20 feet of water around docks. Not great fishing but was a good start on a cool morning. Put in about 9 and gone around noon. We fished the Gravois. Report were that was the better fishing. May try 35-50 mm next week. Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... I will bite my lip
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

We were in that 35-50 mm. Water was what I would call dingy. 8" visiblility. I understand that would be considered muddy on LOZ.
    Bruce sounds like you had a good trip with finishing up in 3 hrs. Nice day to be on the water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast