Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Western Michigan Crappie Clubs?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Western Michigan Crappie Clubs?

Is there any clubs that focus on Crappie fishing and maybe a few tournaments a year in western Michigan?

Thanks Guys
    Savage

Post Thanks / Like

I do not have a clue. I've never seen a thing for crappie tournies or clubs.

This site, 'Crappie.Com' is the only place I have found that has a section for crappie fishing in Mich.

As you can see, the thread doesn't get used much.

Here, when I ask questions on the main forum, I think the people think I'm nuts.

I've never "targeted" crappie up until now. Man do I have a ton to learn!!
    I will say one thing though.
    If you know of anyone that wants to learn? These people are a great wealth of knowledge. And there sure not affraid to share.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

they used to hold the crappiethon usa on houghton lake but stopped that at least 10 years ago. other than that i do not know of any in central or northern michigan. i have checked the web numerous times and have found nothing in the way of crappie clubs or tournaments. that is too bad because there sure is a lot of great speck fishing in our fine state. last summer i logged 4257 specks in my fishing book between the end of april and the last of august, most of which were 7 inchers or larger with several topping out in the 15 - 17 inch range. i would really like to start a crappie club myself but it seems everyone up here is so wrapped up in bass and walleye tourneys.maybe someday. please let me know if any comes up with anything
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Westwood Guest

Default RE: Crappie derby

Time for the first annual west michigan crappie derby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Westwood
    Time for the first annual west michigan crappie derby.
    That sounds like fun. Fishing a tournament is not that big of a deal, but maybe we could all get together and do some fishing sometime.

Thanks for the feedback guys as I am sure I will be learning a lot from you guys. Take care...

Kory
    Savage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tourn. yea

I am interested in having, starting or just getting together with other crappie fishermen to see if we can this going or just for fun. If not , then I will just keep taking my little cousins out so they can experience what i call "The greatest show on earth" and you get to eat when it's all done too. Unreal

NorthWoodzAngler Guest

Sounds like a great plan to me. Although one thing I would like to see done with Crappie tournaments is to stay away from the use of bait and the use of more than one rod. Basically set it up like a Bass tournament with a 5-10 fish limit. What do you guys think?

KB

Post Thanks / Like

i think we just need to try to plan a day when we can meet somewhere and all go crappie fishin. i am always up for a road trip to fish with some new fellow anglers. if anyone wants to try to set something up please contact me here with a PM or e-mail at [email protected]
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Crappies here doesn't seem to be a big game fish...everybody around me just think of them as dinner.With bass and walleyes it's a different story.I caught some last year,some 40+ crappies in like close to 2 hours once,and i was mainly C&R that day and guys on the banks was getting mad i was letting them go. I only kept like 8,as i am the only one who will eat fish in my family and i felt 8 was enough.

I'm a big time bass fisher,but i love catching crappies when i find them.