HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alum. Hull Keel guard

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Alum. Hull Keel guard

It has been asked many times and I have no first hand knowledge. But just pulled this tidbit of info from the net by keelshield.
    3 Tips to Install a KeelShield on Aluminum Boats - Gator Guards
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes Clint, blueball LIKED above post
    Thanks Boa3, RogerA thanked you for this post

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

War eagle not on the list. Wish someone would come up with one. Thanks Cray.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a wareagle and after looking at some of the pictures compared to mine I’m thinking if I can muster up the energy I may just try putting one on mine. It looked to me like about the only one it wouldn’t work on is the ones with that added ice breaker riveted on.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to order one for my Tracker from Amazon. 7 ft light gray for 142.31. Any know of any place cheaper ?

Post Thanks / Like

I put one on my Crestline. Went to TN. It must have ripped coming of the trailer. Spider rigged down the lake. Came out of a bay to go to the trailer, hit the gas, boat almost flipped in it side. Got back to the house, had to use a heat gun to remove it, was left with a ugly hull from where it was. Brand new boat. Wasn't happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Why not just use roll on bed liner? If you don’t mix it up , all the River is on top, all the grit is on the bottom of the can. Would be easy to touch up if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Boa3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to rethink this one. Don't want to make a big mess.

Post Thanks / Like

Cray, Thanks for sharing. @Stormcloud, I appreciate you bringing up War Eagle.
    The KeelShield fits on some models of War Eagle, just depends on the keel structure.
    I made sure we updated out boat compatibility list for that.

If you have any questions about mounting a KeelShield on aluminum hull just let me know, have had one on my Tracker TV18 for 4 years running strong. Here to help!
    Name:  Nick KeelShield Tracker compress.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  89.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cray View Post
    It has been asked many times and I have no first hand knowledge. But just pulled this tidbit of info from the net by keelshield.
    3 Tips to Install a KeelShield on Aluminum Boats - Gator Guards

Post Thanks / Like

@rdant Have you contacted Gator Guards about it? The KeelShield comes with a lifetime warranty and we have instructions to remove the adhesive quickly, easily, and with not damage to the boat.
    More than happy to take care of you. We have plenty of happy Crestliner customers and want to make sure you are one of them. Feel free to reach out to us anytime, we'll take good care of you.

Quote Originally Posted by rdant View Post
    I put one on my Crestline. Went to TN. It must have ripped coming of the trailer. Spider rigged down the lake. Came out of a bay to go to the trailer, hit the gas, boat almost flipped in it side. Got back to the house, had to use a heat gun to remove it, was left with a ugly hull from where it was. Brand new boat. Wasn't happy.

Post Thanks / Like

It was taken off and put in the trash. That is what it was worth to me. Never again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast