Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Decided I want a jigging rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Decided I want a jigging rod

I was fishing at a lake from the bank yesterday and was doing my best jigging with a 6'6 but I would have to almost hover over any cover then I thought, what's one thing I dont have? A long jigging setup.

My wife says I dont NEED anymore combos, but this is something I dont have anything like. Convincing her of another baitcaster is hhaarrdd Haha. But something I dont have anything like is another story.

That said I know BnM are good but that's about it. What to use for a reel? 10 foot, 12 foot, what power rod??? I know literally nothing about long jigging rods.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I need to add, after looking online, one that takes a reel. Not just a rod you tie a length of line to.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 Denali 10 foot jig poles and I like them a lot. Nice and light. I ordered them from Grizzly Jig.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."
    Likes BAFishBarn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use ozark 10’ rear seat with a mini bait caster! Love it! Bucks best ultra light rear seat is a great one to!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes BAFishBarn, ford man LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a 11 ft. BnM Duck Commander double touch....rear seat with a Mr.Crappie Solo reel.....love it.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I've got an 8'6 fly rod I use half the time to jig with. I bet if i got some 1/64 oz jigheads i could cast with it. Maybe i will try that. I talked to a guy that uses crappie magnet jigs on his fly rod.

Post Thanks / Like

I have B&M Sam Heaton Super Sensitive rods in 7’/9’ and 11’ with the 9’ as my favorite. I have used many other brands but feel these rods cannot be beat for jigging (although the 7 footer also is a casting rod).

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes BAFishBarn, DRFISHDUCK, Crestliner08 LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Only true "jigging" outfit I use is a Sam's Super Sensitive 10' rod with a UL Shakespeare Alpha spinning reel. I do have another 10' rod (Huckabee Dipping w/Mitchell 308x spinning reel) but I use it as a "short" rod in my 13'-14' Pushing rod spread. It's action/power is a bit stiffer than the Sam's SS.

Jigging rods don't need big reels, since the reel is just a line holder/retriever.

Post Thanks / Like

Now I need one
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes BAFishBarn LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 10’ SHSS with the rear seat and it’s comfortable and tougher than one might think. Hauled some nice fish with it. I tried several different reels before I found one that balanced it on the spot where you touch the blank. Now it’s effortless to hold for long periods of time while you dip and search. Point is, don’t decide on what reel until you find what makes it balance right.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes IkenI LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast