Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Muddy water

Post Thanks / Like

Question Muddy water

I'm going to Pommee this Saturday then to Warsaw Monday for a week of fishing Truman and LOZ. With all the rain we are getting I'm thinking it is going to be muddy. How do you guy fish when the water turns to MUD?? I'm going to need some help with this.
    LIFE IS TO SHORT TO FISH WITH A DEAD MINNER AND I WISH I WAS SOMEWHERE HOOKING LIP.

Post Thanks / Like

i try to stay ahead of it and fish the clear or as clear as i can find just past the mud line,,but that's just me---fuzz
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

The fish will be shallow. Fish your jig under a rattling bobber. Use 1/16 or larger jigs and dark colored bodies. The rattling will draw the fish towards the bait much like a rattle in a crank bait or jig for bass fishing. If you are a caster I suggest 1/16 oz roadrunners with an erratic retrieve. The blade will rattle against the bait and help the fish find it. You can't fish it too slow.

Good luck.

Bob

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I switch to catfish!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good tips fellas...the only thing i would add is have plenty of orange and chartreuse jigs that is the best color i have ever found for muddy water.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I actually prefer dirty water in the spring. I find that the fish are shallower, sometimes in less than 1', plus they seem to be less spooky. I think the muddy water bothers the fishermen more than the fish. Water does not get too muddy for me to try. The technique that has been most productive for me has been vertical tightlining with a long pole. In muddy water you have to put it right in front of their noses, probe flooded brush, only moving the jig a foot or so before dropping into another spot. Raise the jig up off the bottom a few inches, shake it once or twice and then move on, the bite will usually be quick. I like a bait that displaces a lot of water, like a Baileys magnet in red/chart or blk/chart.

I will be going to Pomme this afternoon and will report back on what I find.

RB