Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High North wind troubles

Post Thanks / Like

Default High North wind troubles

Been a long time since the North wind caused issues for me .
    I thought hmmmm a bluebird day with the north wind howling …...not good .
    I thought rained all night and the temperature fell 40 plus degrees too …..not good .
    the water is muddied all up and came up along with it …..not good .
    Full moon is on fire at night ….not good .
    Barometer is higher than a cats back at Halloween ….not good .
    No boat or electronics to go hunt them down ….not good .
    Seems the odds and cards were stacked against me, probably should have just said never mind .
    It cant possibly end well I am pretty sure ……….
    I thought well I could likely ketch a few small blackies in a shallow spot I know that is somewhat sheltered . First drop sure enough KABOOM and its a nice fat white in short water ? Second drop in real short water KABOOM another nice white ? And the yet again ?
    I am like are you kidding me and I begin to jack the fish up …..about 6 fish later on a hand tie I had tied on something thumped hard and that is when my High North wind troubles began !
    The fight started fast and the fish was large and in charge . I think I could feel head shakes and suspect it was a big ole black bass . Thought I might land it maybe ,but it hand other agendas and after some back and forth drag pulling and wrestling out came my jig !
    My pretty hand tie was flat SHREDDED , the body just unraveled and hanging there by a thread . I said darn it man …..hmmmm I could just trim off the body remnants and tail feathers and put on similar color plastic maybe ?
    Did just that and went right back to my whack festival on my lunch break
    Sure was fun to play crappie poker with the deck stacked against me and find all them aces and wildcards …..
    5 foot of muddy water 3 to 4 foot deep , shad colored baits and expect to get bit like they have a hammer in them crappie hands . Shad were all up in shallow water getting busted all along the shoreline and to be sure I stumbled in to a feeding frenzy . I got me a warmouth , a yellow bass and both black and white crappie and I don't what that ruined my jig in pretty fair numbers in short time . 35 fish met my camera total btw
    Interesting outing no doubt .
    KABOOM is the word yawl .
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Central Minn, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t know what to say....

You always seem to find and get them to bite. Amazing my friend. Truly talented in the fishing world. KABOOM!

Post Thanks / Like

Not always my friend , many times I guess wrong or they don't cooperate well . one thing for certain though , if you think one sided with crappie you will lose the confrontation frequently .
    I try lots of things when I hit the water that others wouldn't dream of trying when I am after crappie . Crappie are really unpredictable fish best I can tell you and being well versed in lots of different approaches is the best advice I could ever give to anyone that wants to ketch them with regularity .
    Crappie break the rules and don't read google and don't play fair and in the end keep you constantly guessing .
    Likes SuperDave336, S10CHEVY, Crappieorbust LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish photos
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

You tamed them conditions!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You are braver than I am.

You called but I could not accept the invitation. I stayed home and played with the computer and watched crappie videos to while away my time. Just too cold for me after the long hot summer.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezgoing View Post
    You are braver than I am.

You called but I could not accept the invitation. I stayed home and played with the computer and watched crappie videos to while away my time. Just too cold for me after the long hot summer.
    I hope to visit with you next week my friend ….it wasn't terribly cold though ,just a lil chilly and VERY windy with some nice warm sunshine on top .

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Went out with Jeffery yesterday. Lake was fairly smooth and it was warm. Unfortunately I did not have the color jig they wanted so I only caught a few while Jeffery pulled in crappie after crappie with a off color green grub that he had shortened to the point that only the straight part of the hook was covered. I caught a few as I followed Sk's example and tried various combinations but they did not want what I offered.

Had problems with my 1 year old trolling motor and the garmin display unit so we could not use either one of them. Hope I can find what caused the problems today and not need to send them in for repair. Hate to be without the trolling motor for the time repair would take.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Rain, sun, snow, sleet, hot, windy, no wind or cold them fish gonna eat.....
    Likes Crestliner08 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Great post as always! The cold front conditions you describe happens to us up here in the north country quite a bit. Doesn't seem to affect the crappie all that much though. Maybe that's because we have mainly black crappie up here, instead of the whites? In any case, pre-frontal, post frontal, frontal or not, they have to eat. For us here it's mainly a matter of location and not so much on environmental conditions. You did awesome!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast