HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cornfield Crappie transport rack

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cornfield Crappie transport rack

Here’s my install of my new Transport rack. I think m gonna be very happy!
    YouTube
    It’s beautiful out there! https://crappiemonster.com/
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes Crappie Monster LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you

brjohnson429 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have these too. I do have the 3rd holder as you spoke of so it works great when carrying multiple lengths rods when I am pulling cranks or jigs. Great product!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

When I bought my 1st Excel Bay Pro 203, there was little room along the gunnels for horizontal rod holders. I looked at every brand out there and just didn't have the room I needed. One Sunday morning, sitting in church (daydreaming I hate to say), the design I was needing popped into my head (Divine intervention?). Later that day I made a cardboard cut-out so I could see if it would work. At that time I was running HiTek rod holders so I decided to use the square uprights for my supports and keep them UNDER the level of the rod holders so I could both store rods and fish out of the holders at the same time. I bought the plastic off eBay and used a hole saw and a compound miter saw to cut the holes and slots. I about lost my fingers on one cut when the saw yanked the plastic out of my hands and slammed it against the wall. That's why one of my proto-types only had 6 holes in it. The other 2 bit the dust against the wall. All my proto-types were 8 rod models.

One day Mark Ridl of Cornfield Crappie Gear was fishing with me and we started talking about the holders I had made. He said he could make those very easily and quickly with his computerized milling machines. I gave him one of mine and off he went. It's worked out good for both of us. Mark has been a dear friend since the first day he and I cooked all the fish for one of our first ShinDig events. He wore Mickey Mouse ears that day and the look worked well for him. He makes several amazing products and is always trying to come up with new ideas.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Thanks skunked again thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Those look great and will serve you well. After owning transport racks I will never have another boat without them. Also, good tip on the 3rd rack for shorter poles. That's what I did, serves two purposes I can transport long rods 16' plus with no sag in the middle plus shorter rods with ease like you said. Only suggestion I would make is mount you two extra seat bases in the front deck of that Nitro, from the looks I beleive you could without the bases be in the hatch of the rod locker or storage locker. That's one other thing that helps to free up clutter and walking thru the center of the seats without stepping over the frame or swinging over the gunnels is nice. Keep that dub'l seat setup in case you ever want to fish two off the back deck
    Likes "G", Crappie Monster, crp4570 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks nice. Very neat.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like problem solved. You helpers are ready to get a few so quit talkin and take em fishing.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thank all of you!

Post Thanks / Like

I will add one thing that will save your tips. Buy you a pack of small rubber bands to hold the tips together I typically just tie the one side by side to one another and this keeps the tips from slapping each other when traveling to the lake. when you get to the ramp take them off and go fishing. You could get the rubber twist ties to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast