Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ever elusive fall pattern is ........

Post Thanks / Like

Default The ever elusive fall pattern is ........

Heck I dunno
    the darn fish in one spot aint like the darn fish in the next spot fur shur
    but this here read and photos tells a tale of how just because you had the fish figured out at one location a few days before , DOES NOT mean you got them figured out at another spot in similar conditions .
    So the ever deadly micro jig was the ticket on Tuesday at a spot I hit on one lake .That tiny jig thing presentation did well at yet another spot on a different lake on Wednesday and when I hit the third location at yet another lake on Friday it was for sure not what the crappie wanted ?
    This is crappie 101 , NEVER think you have them dialed in for long .
    I was pretty sure I was going to whack a few lunch break crappie at a local boat ramp location and when I got there I got bluegill after bluegill to take my tiny jig . I was determined to make a crappie bite that lil jig but to be sure it never happened .
    Now mind ya I knew if there were that many bluegill in that water at that depth there just had to be some crappie in with them .
    So I upsized to about twice as big a jig and guess what ….I managed me 6 crappie ,a warmouth ,a largemouth and ONLY one more bluegill .
    did I waste most of my lunch break playing with bluegill ...yes kinda , but yet another valuable lesson was learned in that heck I dunno what they want
    I wish I wasn't so stubborn on the little jig as I probably would have managed a lot more crappie ,but to be sure sometimes it is what it is ….
    on a final note I don't think it was a color related thing as a fish took my black and chart tube on a line break and I went to same size chart and white and got bit right off the bat ?
    but the one that hit that bait on the first drop split it down the middle and I said that is quite enough for me in this heat with no HAT ….
    Anyway just remember that like I said , you think you are dialed up and it might be so …
    for a little while anyway
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes svh, S10CHEVY, BuckeyeCrappie, mchech LIKED above post

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Changes every day, then doesn’t change for weeks. Go figure. Good post, thanks for takin me with ya.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job! Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to figure em out!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Those water temps has definitely pushed what few fish were turning towards the fall pattern away here.....

Post Thanks / Like

Keeps you on your toes
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch. Yes just when you think you get them figured out they will throw you a curve. That's what makes crappie fishing so much fun not counting they are the best tasting fish in the world.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes franklin fisher LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well at least you figured them out. Sometimes I never do. Still think it’s just luck sometimes on my part.

Post Thanks / Like

I far too often think I have them figured out, and then they prove me wrong again. Good job being versatile and figuring them out a little more.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have trouble fishing the way I want to fish. Like shooting dock when other methods would be a lot more productive.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast