Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Howdy Fellas.........Friendly Question?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Howdy Fellas.........Friendly Question?

I was raised in Hudson Wisconsin and moved away about 20 years ago. I missed MN/WI so much that the family bought a houseboat 6 years ago and we now spend a good bit of time up on the Mississippi and St Croix rivers during June/July.

Question:
    Would anyone around the twin cities, Stillwater, River Falls, Hudson area be interested in going walleye/pike fishing this June??? My father goes with me but to be honest I think he just hates to see me go alone :-) I have a 16ft deep-v smokercraft that I fish out of. Just thought someone up there might wanna do some fishing with a southern boy.

I mainly fish the St. Croix and do pretty well, but would LOVE to try out some new waters, you supply the spot, I'll supply the boat and bait.

30 years old, US History Teacher, don't drink or smoke.

Post Thanks / Like

I know some guys at www.myfishingpals that know that area & would most likely take you up on that offer.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the link but it didn't come up, I'll try again later, Thanks for the response. Getting sort of tired at looking at the same water :-)

edit: Duh, I missed the .com...............thanks,
    Catto

Reckless Guest

Default I may be interested

Hi Jwcatto,

My son (he's 11) and I fish quite a bit up here in MN. We live in Stillwater and it would be nice to fish with someone who knew how to fish the river well. We may definately be interested in hooking up for a few outings this year.

my email address is [email protected]

drop me an email and maybe we can work something out. We don't drink or smoke either.

Jon

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say that I know how to fish the river well, I just fish it like we do down here in the south. Its not pretty but it puts fish in the boat :-) Sometimes I think people try to hard, just sit back and watch the rods bend. I fish pretty much exclusively with a homemade lindy and crwlers/leeches, thats it. I tried the whole trolling thing and its just not me.

Hey you guys know the rules better up there than I do, are you allowed to use lights at night???

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing the river is easy.
    Just find a deep spot and drop a jig and a minnow in it or lindy rig a leech or a crawler.

Hitting eddies are or at least can be hot too.I have several spots on the Miss up here that we hit.
    When it's got eyes in it the action is fast.

Post Thanks / Like

The time is drawing near, planning on leaving South Carolina on May 29 or 30. Who wants to go fishing???

If you are not near the Twin Cities, where are you? I will travel to fish :-) I am ready to catch some eyes!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOO HOOOO only 2 more weeks!!

Post Thanks / Like

C,mon up.
    218-845-8801 give me a shout.