Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: OOPS There goes the pole

Post Thanks / Like

Default OOPS There goes the pole

Last year me, my Son, and a good friend of mine had permission to fish a pond on the Triangle Ranch here outside of Paducah, Texas. We had heard that it was stocked with catfish several years before and never really fished. When we got out there it was a good sized pond and lots of good places to cast a line and set down and relax. We didnt relax long before I got the first one. A 9 pounder. Boy we were excited. My Boy went to the other side and got a couple as well as my friend had gotten one also. My son decided to lay his rod down for just a second. When he turned his head, that rod took off like a rocket into the water. He chased it but couldn't catch it. He lay there pounding his hand on the ground and looked at me like he though he was in trouble. I laughed and told him that it wasn't his fault to not worry. Well I decided to get me a slip weight and a trebble hook and cast out to try and catch it. Low and behold on the second cast I got that danged pole. Not only did I get the pole but it had a big 9 1/2 pound catfish on the end of the line as well. That was truly a memorable day.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!! its always great to recover your gear like that I remember spending hours trying to get my first baitcaster rod back with a treble hook. Sadly that abu became fish structure and was never seen again.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Same Here

That same thing happened to my son. He had one rod set out and was baiting the next one when his slipped off the bank. I couldn't get to it before it went out of sight so we did the treble hook thing. For some reason he had put a big red and white float on before setting it out. It reminded me of "JAWS" seeing the float come up and then down, up then down, then move some and go under. I guessed that fish around 10#. He tasted good after a trip thru the skillet. HOOKER

Post Thanks / Like

Sure is great to have those kind of memories with our Kids isnt it.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911