Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A deal is a deal is a deal

Post Thanks / Like

Default A deal is a deal is a deal

A couple of years ago my Next door neighbor had come down with cancer in one of his lungs. He then was to be placed on chemotherapy. Since we were like brothers, I told him that I would make a deal with him (me not thinking he would lose his hair with the type of chemo he was taking) I told him that if he lost his hair, I would shave my head. Well Old C.D. always wore a taboggan in the winter time. One day my doorbell rang. I answered it and theres old C.D. laughing real loud with that old taboggan on. I said what in the world are you Laughing at. He took off his taboggan and didnt have a lick of hair. Well look at the pic and see the results.

Since you have now looked at the pic, you now know why my Wife threatened me to never make a deal like that again.
    C.D. wound up having to have the lung taken out and 3 weeks after he got home, he went down on the driveway and died in my arms of a pulmanary imbolism. I will miss him. He was a great guy and an even better fisherman.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Very good!!!! Most people can only dream of being and having a friend like that.
    honey.'':o the weather is to bad to work in the yard so I think I'll go fishing''

Post Thanks / Like

Well he was a great friend and a wonderful neighbor. After he passed I wound up buying his boat from his widdow. I now have created many memories with my children in it.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Great Story, thanks for sharing it with us.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

You did good

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

i have a freind who's nephew had cancer at age 11, during chemo he lost his hair and was embarassed about it,so when his dad,my freind and I went to visit him in the hospital we all shaved our head, mit boosted his spirits alot.....he died at age 13,and i will keep my head shaved(or within 1/8th inch) from now on in his memory,

Josh

Post Thanks / Like

I salute you fishman. It takes people like you to show that this world is still a great place

Post Thanks / Like

those symbols make their spirits live forever
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

In the kingdom of heaven thou shall not feel any pain. Father of Four, I can tell that you are a great man for what you did for your friend.

Post Thanks / Like

You are a good man!
    Bill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast