Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clinton lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clinton lake

Hear that crappie are starting to become catchable. Anybody been on Clinton lake in the past week?

Been a long time since I've been to Clinton, but was a good crappie lake and hope to maybe go up next week.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

slabhappy Guest

Default Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger375
    Hear that crappie are starting to become catchable. Anybody been on Clinton lake in the past week?

Been a long time since I've been to Clinton, but was a good crappie lake and hope to maybe go up next week.
    Ranger375,
    I was at clinton yesterday. Put in the west acces. Still some ice on the lake but was dissapearing quickly by afternoon. Water temps 56° at Dewitt bridge and 34° at the west ramp. I found some fish in 10' - 15' out on the end of main lake blowdowns. Bite was pretty slow. Was using Yellow and Chartuese jig tipped with waxies. Water were I was fishing was 42°. The coves are still pretty iced up as of yesterday. Lake is above pool and stained.

Slab

PGottshall Guest

Talked to a guy at Gander who said he fishes the N shoreline just east of the Dewitt bridge this time of year. I've been considering running down to try, but am enjoying ice-fishing, & am not quite ready to get the boat back out.

Paul

Stinger175 Guest

Default Clinton Lake

Was at Clinton 02/17/06, West access. Iced over and did not put in. Thinking of going tomorrow. Anyone been there or know water tempt??

Post Thanks / Like

175, plant slowly coming back on and a buddy of mine went down on Friday and tryed to put in at the marina and it was iced up, so he put in at Mascoutin and the warmest water temp he got was 40 degrees at the Dewitt bridge. He didn't say if he did any good, I'm assuming he didn't. Might need somemore time to warm up. Still nice to get out on these nice days.
    I will abide