HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Millennium Seat Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Millennium Seat Question

I recently bought my first Millennium seat. I mounted it to a spare 3/4" kingpin pedestal mount. I have not tried it on the water yet but it seems to me like the seat reclined too far. The seat has a built in decline where it attaches to the mount, however, standard seats are flat/parallel. Then the mount also has a few degrees of decline like all others I have seen. These two declines compound and make it look like it is too steep of an angle. It feels fine to sit on for a few minutes in the garage but I wonder if it will be for extended periods on the water.

Is this how most people have their seats installed? Or am I in need of a mount where the 3/4" pin is perpendicular vs angled? I can post a pic this evening if it will help.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Put your seat mount on back wards and try it...then if it does not correct it enough use some longer bolts on one side with flat washers to shim and adjust angle like you want it.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Put your seat mount on back wards and try it...then if it does not correct it enough use some longer bolts on one side with flat washers to shim and adjust angle like you want it.
    I'll do that. I actually accidentally put it on backwards initially and then swapped it before even trying it. Looking back, the backwards install did look more reasonable.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

How do you like the seat besides the angle?
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to add about 1/2 inch of spacers to back of mine like G said. Before it cut circulation off to lower legs. One I got angle right best sitting seat I have ever sat in.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes E-Z Poleholder LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Been looking at them. The seats I have on the deck are not in the least bit comfortable

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    How do you like the seat besides the angle?
    As I said, haven't used them on the water but they are so light! And given what everyone has said about flipping the mount and adding spacers, it seems like the angle can be fine tuned to personal preference which is nice. They are very reasonably priced too IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    Been looking at them. The seats I have on the deck are not in the least bit comfortable
    I do like the Tempress NaviStyle seats in terms of look and comfort, but they are bulky, heavy, and are hot in the summer. They are also a decent bit more $$$. I may save those for cold weather fishing when I could use the seat to hold in body heat lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I removed $400 lund seats and replaced them with these and would never change back. Most comfortable seat I have found. Now I have a dear stand with one on it. lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for answering. I will have to try one out

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast