Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time float tube fishing for crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time float tube fishing for crappie.

Ever since my wife bought me this float tube last year, I only took it out a couple times. I normally fish a few hour each trip so to setup either float tube or kayak or even my Jon boat, it would take quite some time, that why I prefer to grab the rods and head out bank fishing different spots.
    Yesterday on a whim, and I know there will be quite a few anglers on the spot, I took my float tube out. It was a fun 2.5 hours trip and I know there are a lot of things I need to learn to be more successful on Float Tube. I will definitely do it again, in fact I think I’m going out again this evening. This time I’ll set up my Fish finder to learn the bottom and anchor to stay put when find them.
    If anyone wanna give me trip or tricks please feel free, remember I’m new to crappie fishing and everything or anything would help me improve my fishing skill.
    Please Enjoy my first float tube crappie fishing video lol.

Post Thanks / Like

You made good use of that float tube. Thanks for sharing
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Bass View Post
    ... I normally fish a few hour each trip so to setup either float tube or kayak or even my Jon boat, it would take quite some time ...
    What's taking so long? I can get going in about 15 minutes, and half of that time is getting my waders and boots on. You're not even wearing waders.

Post Thanks / Like

I can launch the boat by myself and be underway in 10 minutes. Could do it faster if the dog could back the truck up
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    What's taking so long? I can get going in about 15 minutes, and half of that time is getting my waders and boots on. You're not even wearing waders.
    No it didn’t take long at all just like you said 10-15 mins. The hardest and longest parts for me is to choose 3 set up out of a bunch. May be you can call me LAZY instead lol. Yeah after I pick out the set up, typically bass setup, I just drop all stuffs at lamp or wherever I can launch safely, drive the car to where it supposed to park, walk to the tube/kayak then kick/paddle to where I want. Compare to drive to spot walk about a minute or so and bam first cast. So 15 minutes time 2 that 1/4 of fishing time.

Post Thanks / Like

No it didn’t take long at all just like you said 10-15 mins. The hardest and longest parts for me is to choose 3 set up out of a bunch. May be you can call me LAZY instead lol.
    No problem. I totally get lazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Ever since my wife bought me this float tube last year, I only took it out a couple times.
    What's the make/model of your tube? I have an old Wood River tube (not made anymore.) It's at least twenty years old and still going strong.

Tubing is a ton of fun -- like fishing out of a recliner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    What's the make/model of your tube? I have an old Wood River tube (not made anymore.) It's at least twenty years old and still going strong.

Tubing is a ton of fun -- like fishing out of a recliner.
    just a cheap Cumberland float tube, that she bought from Costco for my new year present. I moved my also cheap Elite 4X from Jon boat to use with this tube and kayak.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

just a cheap Cumberland float tube, that she bought from Costco for my new year present. I moved my also cheap Elite 4X from Jon boat to use with this tube and kayak.
    Where's the kitchen sink?

Post Thanks / Like

This evening was a lot different that yesterday, the wind was killing me. I used anchor to stay put caught a few but to deploy anchor without knowing where the fish at make it even harder than moving around. I might need heavier jig head or use roadrunner to find them in the tube next time. Again find finder didn’t help, I still have no idea what I look at lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast