HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Expo and Mr. Crappie Classic Invitational - Brad Wiegmann

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Crappie Expo and Mr. Crappie Classic Invitational - Brad Wiegmann

Name:  wally marshall photo brad wiegmann.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  26.7 KB

Mark your calendars and get ready for a road trip because October 4-6 the inaugural Crappie Expo and Mr. Crappie Classic Invitational is happening in Hot Springs, Arkansas. It’s actually the first event ever that features the popular panfish. The event features the Expo that’s a consumer show with a 100,000-square foot exhibit hall plus the world’s largest crappie fry along with venders and exhibitors; in addition to the Mr. Crappie Classic Invitational tournament.

Name:  Jack Wells with B'n'M Poles (1).jpg
Views: 722
Size:  72.6 KB

“Two years ago I had a phone call with Jack Wells the owner of B’n’M Poles prior to announcing the Crappie Expo and Mr. Crappie Classic Invitational. He said Wally it would be great for the crappie industry. Then a Steve Arrison from Hot Springs Tourism called and asked if I had every thought of doing an event like this one. At that point, I knew it would be successful event and went to working hard on it one year ago, “said Wally Marshall aka Mr. Crappie.

The current list of National Sponsors and Sponsors is phenomenal and includes boat manufactures, tackle dealers, fishing guiding and more fishing related companies. Title sponsors for the event is Ford Trucks and Riceland Bran Oil plus other National Sponsors and Sponsors including companies like PICO Lures, B’n’M Poles, TTI-Blakemore, Bobby Garland Crappie Baits, Charlie Brewer’s Slider Company, Mr. Crappie, Grizzly Jig Company and numerous other crappie fishing related companies. Imagine the Bassmaster Classic Expo, but crappie highlighting the show.

Mr. Crappie Classic Invitational will take place October 4-6 and limited to 100 boats on Lake Hamilton. Total prize money is based on the number of teams in the event and it is 100% payback. It’s a three day tournament starting on Friday, October 4. Takeoff is at 6:45 a.m. every morning leaving from the Arkansas Game & Fish Commission’s boat ramp on Lake Hamilton. The weigh-in for Friday is at the same ramp at 3 p.m. and everyone is welcome to come. Saturday, October 5, the number of teams is going to be cut down from the total number of teams to 50 with weigh-in time at 3 p.m. Sunday, October 6, the top 25 teams will have to be at the Hot Springs Convention Center at 3 p.m. with the final day weigh-in at 3 p.m. at the Crappie Expo Hot Springs Convention Center.

World’s largest crappie fry is schedule for Saturday, October 5, starting at 11 a.m. in the parking lot behind the Hot Springs Convention Center. Anyone wanting to go to the crappie fry will have to get the free tickets at booths inside the Crappie Expo. Note that free fish will only be given out until the sully of fillets run out.

“For the first time in fishing history crappie fishing in America will have an expo and a tournament of this scale. This great event once again highlights another species of fish that can be caught in our local lakes along with all the other great species. Hot Springs has been proud to highlight the best n bass fishing in past tournaments and we are thrilled to help shine the spotlight on crappie fishing and its best anglers,” said Steve Arrison, CEO of Visit Hot Springs.

Seminars: Garmin will be holding a seminar at 10 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. Humminbird will be holding a seminar at 11 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. A crappie expert will be doing a seminar at noon. All of the seminars will be held in room 201/202 at the Expo Center. All the events are free to the public.
    www.crappieexpo.com

Crappie Expo location
    Hot Springs Convention Center
    134 Convention Blvd
    Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901

Crappie Expo
    Friday October 4, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
    Saturday October 5, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
    Sunday October 6, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.

Name:  crappie expo back white.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  102.3 KB
    Tournament Official Takeoff and Weigh-in Friday/Saturday
    Arkansas Game & Fish Boat ramp on Lake Hamilton
    350 Fish Hatchery Road
    Hot Springs, Arkansas 71913
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like quite a bash to me , looks like it will be a real big turn out .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I’m with Ketchn, sounds like a heck of an event!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Yup should be a good one. Wish I could go. Maybe one day.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, Just wish I could make it. Too many prior engagements...Looks like a good time for all who show up for sure...
    Proud to have served with and supported the Units I was in: 1st IDF, 9th INF, 558th USAAG (Greece), 7th Transportation Brigade, 6th MEDSOM (Korea), III Corp, 8th IDF, 3rd Armor Div.
    1980 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 160 Evinrude 65 Triumph

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Crappie.com will have a booth set up there....stop by and say hi to me and Slab. Got word last night that Billbob might just make the scene too.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

BuckeyeCrappie is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Man if my health was better my wife and I would love to be there. Maybe next year. Thanks to CC for being there and promoting our sport.
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it 100 teams?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dead minner View Post
    Is it 100 teams?
    It's limited to 100 boats, but not sure they're all different teams. Who knows, maybe some of the big sponsors have two teams.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast