Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: No luck fishing what gives?

Post Thanks / Like

Default No luck fishing what gives?

I'm here at Harrison Bay near Chattanooga and for the past 2 weeks haven't caught much of anything. The crappie stopped bitin' and the catfish don't like what I give them (2min old cut shad). Anyone having the same problems?

Oh and I have this reel that worked well last night and I changed over from 4lb to 6lb. I'm not sure if it's the new line or sitting out in the sun today but when I start reeling it in it's almost like I've got the line twisted around the tip, it's pretty tight when there's weight on it. I can pull the rod up and lower and reel and it does fine. I greased it like crazy and still nothing. I'm stumped.
    He that does the truth comes into the light
    Free the people through music!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Man if you live around Chatt. and you can't get a crappie this time of year then you need remedial crappie fishing lessons. :D I'd be glad to come and work the local water over. I'll be at Watts Bar soon I hope. Maybe May sometime.

The reel? What is the reel? Did you take it apart to grease it? Sounds like you assembled it wrong somehow. Some parts can be easy to get backwards or not seated quite right. Do you mean you can tip the reel and then it works? Its prob not the line. Is the line tight? You need to describe the problem in a little more detail.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 04-24-2007 at 05:11 AM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I caught a couple more then last night but still not getting the big numbers I got before the freeze. I hooked a duck tonight and thankfully he got loose cause it and my dog were flippin' out.

I'm using the same black/chartruese tube with some added nibbles that I don't think work more the the next thing but that's my opinion. It's back to the minnows and cork tomorrow night. If I had a harpoon I could get some gar:D

The reel is working now. I dumped a bunch of Hoppe's in it.
    He that does the truth comes into the light
    Free the people through music!:D

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Reelfoot Mon and Tues. One Keeper Mon and five yesterday. The water was smooth slight wind from the west, I tried every thing I could think of. Not many of the locals were fishing either day. I'm goin back tomorrow gonna fish through sunday, hope things pick up this is getting strange. This time of year if the wind lays enough to spider rig I never leave with out a mess at least. They just ahvent turned back on since the cold front.
    KW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze82
    I caught a couple more then last night but still not getting the big numbers I got before the freeze. I hooked a duck tonight and thankfully he got loose cause it and my dog were flippin' out.

I'm using the same black/chartruese tube with some added nibbles that I don't think work more the the next thing but that's my opinion. It's back to the minnows and cork tomorrow night. If I had a harpoon I could get some gar:D

The reel is working now. I dumped a bunch of Hoppe's in it.
    If gar are hanging around, that may be why you are not catching any fish. I would change areas if I were you. If that's an option. If I ever see gar hanging around, I leave. Good luck on your next trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Try a red and chartreuse tube fished near the bottom. Fish near or over channel ledges, and work the brushpiles thoroughly.