Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Springfield Seat bases

Post Thanks / Like

Default Springfield Seat bases

Wanted to get some feedback on peoples experience using Spring Field seat bases.

I am looking at their website and they have several types. King Pin, Plug-in, Spring Lock, Tapered Lock etc.

I am looking to add these to my Pontoon boat, and would like to keep the deck as clear as possible when I remove the seats from the boat. So looking for a seat base that installs nice and flush with the floor. I've heard of people having issues with the Tapered Locks getting stuck or hard the remove. How does the King Pin and Spring Lock compared to that?

Thanks

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

If you don't get some good answers here on the main board...you might try posting your question on the boat rigging board... https://www.crappie.com/crappie/boat-rigging/
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the 3/4 in. pin base is what you need.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes skunked again LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I put the kingpin bases on my boat this spring and they are exactly what you're looking for. Not perfectly flush but as good as you'll get. I also have one taper lock base and it sticks up a couple of inches. When my taper posts get stuck I just give them a couple thumps with my hand or a rubber mallet and they come right out.
    The older I get the more I realize the therapeutic benefits of fishing
    Proud member of Michigan chapter "Team Overalls"
    Worlds proudest grandpa x6
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, I have the tapered ones on my 16ft Lund Rebel. They aren't too bad. I got them stuck but it wasn't too difficult to get them unstuck. I've heard of others having a more difficult time getting them unstuck. Since I am rigging up another boat, I figured it would be a good idea to ask and see if there are other good alternatives.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the 3/4 pin. Leaving them in is usually the recipe for them getting stuck. If you do, maybe smear some anti-sieze on the post first .
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.