Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sun protection clothing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sun protection clothing

Any body using the new sun protection clothing?
    I see it on the body, head, hands....
    Just curious about it.
    Good brands for the money. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    G3PO

Post Thanks / Like

I've been wearing a buff for years. They're cheap, and all the big boxes carry them.

Sun gloves are good, too. I wear these:

Sungloves - Sun Gloves: Fly Fishing Gear - Burleson Sporting Co.
    Likes SeaRay LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

After developing a skin cancer cell on back of my hand I bought Huk fishing gloves. They are a few $ more than others I saw but are very comfortable to wear. Also bought a cap with a lightweight hood that covers my neck and ears. It's also very comfortable to wear. I wear the Columbia brand long pants, very lightweight and cooler than shorts when the sun is relentless.
    Pants and long sleeve shirt or the kind worn by fly fisherman in the Florida Flats.
    Likes BuckeyeCrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    I wear the Columbia brand long pants ...
    Same here.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the gloves (Glacier Glove) ... the sleeves (SA Fishing Company) ... and I have used the Face Shield (SA Fishing Co.) and carry them along with the others. I also have a hat that I carry ... light tan Boonie style by Wolverine, but haven't had the opportunity to wear it, yet.

I bought the sleeves & face shields when the SA Co. had them in the "buy one - get X number free" promotions. The Glacier Gloves & Wolverine Boonie were bought at Sportsmen's Whse & Cabela's here in town.

I also carry 100SPF sun block lotion.

I've had about a dozen Squamous Cell Carcinoma spots removed by Cryosurgery (frozen) from my arms ... so the sleeves go on at the start of the day.

The Glacier Gloves are light grey ... the face shield & sleeves are white ... the boonie is light tan. I can't say they're the best, but they've served me well & weren't that expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Columbia
    No complaints

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Columbia SPF clothing, but for a cheaper option I use Magellan brand. With skin cancer so prevalent in my family tree, I see a dermatologist 3-4 times a year. And I have to say since switching over to this clothing, I have not had any issues other than my face and head. I recently got a buff and a good hat. So hopefully they help as good as the shirts and pants do. This clothing has literally made it possible for me to fish year around without worry of sun damage. Worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

BuckeyeCrappie is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    After developing a skin cancer cell on back of my hand I bought Huk fishing gloves. They are a few $ more than others I saw but are very comfortable to wear. Also bought a cap with a lightweight hood that covers my neck and ears. It's also very comfortable to wear. I wear the Columbia brand long pants, very lightweight and cooler than shorts when the sun is relentless.
    Pants and long sleeve shirt or the kind worn by fly fisherman in the Florida Flats.

I too dress the same as you minus the gloves which I have yet to buy. I have had skin cancer removed from my back and left flank and it’s no fun.
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net

Post Thanks / Like

Half finger gloves (fish monkey gloves), long sleeve shirts(epic sports), buffs(sa company) , wide brim hat(epic sports).

https://soccer.epicsports.com/prod/7693/index.html
    ^ these run a size big, I normally wear a large, these I wear a medium.
    Had some "sun spots" removed from my ears, have some more and some on my hands that need to be removed.
    For the buffs, I'd like to try some that have vents or slits to keep from fogging sunglasses up.
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the hat I bought after using a similar one borrowed from a friend. His had a regualr hat brim instead of the baseball cap brim and I didn't realize the difference when I ordered mine. It is surprisingly cool and comfortable. I also used buffs in Florida but found this to be more comfortable and it doesn't fog up your glasses. I got mine from Amazon a bit cheaper than the maker's website. Same hat though. The flaps that lift up on each side really make a difference in cooling.

Wahoo Cap | Sunday Afternoons
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast