Likes Likes:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hummingbird Helix question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hummingbird Helix question

If you have your Helix in demo mode are the changes made while in demo mode carry over to the unit when switched back to normal mode? Also, I have my unit unattached from the transducer and when I put the unit into normal mode it does not show any scan modes in the menu where you choose what scans you want to make visible. Is that because the transducer is not connected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

There are 2 simulation modes in the HB ...

1st go under the Setup tab and turn off "Demo Mode" ... This is the demo mode that big box stores use which has popup balloons on the screen to explain certain features to passerby store customers ... (This demo mode does not save chosen settings so it shouldn't be used) ...

Now power off the unit and restart ... Press the Menu button during booting up when you see the Humminbird splash screen and you will get a popup with 3 choices -- choose "Simulator" ... This demo mode does indeed save chosen settings changes) ...
    -----
    -----

You are correct - in Normal mode with no xducer attached the unit will not show you any Sonar views ... Attach an xducer in Normal Mode or boot the unit into Simulator to get access to all views ...
    -----

Note : Default User Mode under the Setup tab is "Normal" (in older software) or "Angler Mode" (in newer software) which hides some of the more advanced features ... Change User Mode to "Advanced" (in older software) or "Custom" (in newer software) to have access to all available features ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor
    Thanks RustyJig, dko, RogerA, Slab thanked you for this post