Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keel guard

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keel guard

Just bought a new Tracker what’s a good keel guard to work on this boat. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know that tgey make a keel guard for aluminum boats????

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I've always been told that you cannot use a keel guard on an aluminum bow. but maybe they are making aluminum hulls differently now?
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

After searching further it’s a split decision on whether keel guards work on aluminum. Some have had no problems others have had it come off. Guess I’ll just go without. It’s a new boat I know I’ll have scratches on it before long just trying to delay the inevitable. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The ones that haven't come off yet haven't been on there long. I called the manufacturers of the two best known brands and they told me not to put it on mine.
    Said there was no guarantee from them. If the installer wanted to guarantee it, it was up to me and him. I would buy one to pull up to concrete ramps if I
    could find one that would stay on. There is a real need for this product.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Did a search : why keel guards don't work on aluminum boats - Google Search .... and the first one that came up (Gator Guard) says it will work on Tracker boats.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a thought. How about looking into to having a section of the bow sprayed with Rhino Lining type floor coatings. Don't know if it would work or not, but it could be an option.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    Here's a thought. How about looking into to having a section of the bow sprayed with Rhino Lining type floor coatings. Don't know if it would work or not, but it could be an option.
    Thought about that, myself, and almost suggested it. Then when I did my search I read where others had done it and were left with one end of the "lining" flapping in the breeze, so ....

Post Thanks / Like

I have a gator guard in my xpress19 and it's works very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    Thought about that, myself, and almost suggested it. Then when I did my search I read where others had done it and were left with one end of the "lining" flapping in the breeze, so ....
    Curious how that could possibly happen? Rhino Lining is a spray on paint. I can see where it might not last as long as a Keel Guard, but for it to end up "flapping" is just beyond me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast