Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 3-man Sprider Rig Setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3-man Sprider Rig Setup

Hello all...I'm looking for advice/personal experience/pics for a "3-man" spider rig layout. We spider rig quite a bit and, more often than not, I have my son and dad in the boat. My boat is currently well equipped for two men up front (pic below). Most of the time it's my son and dad doing the fishing while I stand behind them and navigate via ipilot. I enjoy watching/assisting but it got me thinking I should add a third rod rack so we can all fish. It makes sense the rear may not catch as many as the front...wondering if should mount 1 or 2 rod racks in the rear...i.e. one in the center or one on each corner. I currently have (8) 14'ers and (4) 16'ers. My initial thought was to add (1) rack in the rear/center. Run the 14'ers out the front and 16'ers out the rear. You guys have any advise?

Name:  IMG_4918 - Copy.JPG
Views: 497
Size:  113.2 KB
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You're on the right track set up a person out the back, we do it all the time, if the waters deep you want have to much of an issue. Only time I don't like to have someone fishing out the back is when we're fishing ledge's were the water comes up quickly, or shallow water cause the person in the back usually wont catch much, (I'm calling less that 10' of water shallow). Have fun and keep taking them fishing as much as you can.
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

I do what you are thinking about. I have 2 racks up front and 2 in the rear sides. Plus mounting brackets in the middle of boat, so you can move the holders around.

Post Thanks / Like

We usually just run them out the sides on the back... have seen days the rear outfished the front

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Try putting all on one side of the boat and put a hand controled trolling motor in the middle and go sideways