Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He laughed at ME !

Post Thanks / Like

Default He laughed at ME !

When he asked where I was going and I said down to the fishing dock .
    He proceeded to tell me nobody is ketchn fish down there right now .
    Then he said they have not been biting in weeks at that lake .
    he told me its because its to hot right now .
    I said well then it wont be crowded I suppose .
    And he laughed some more as he glanced down there and said bud I think you have it to yourself .
    I was about like a kid on Christmas day as I drove off towards that dock .I even giggled a bit when I rolled up on the sea of waves and not a soul around .
    I hurried myself down that ramp with my favorite 7 footer and a jig I had tied on from the other day .
    BECAUSE I knew this about that ! I was about to sling fish like a tv fishing show and that aint no joke yawl . I started with a 1/32 black head white body white tail jig and I never looked back . I got bit first drop and it continued until I was tired of ketchn them .
    Now mind you I never really felt many bites and lots of times there was just fish on the jig when I would move the jig or rocked with the waves on the floating dock . They wanted it jigged around and drug along and most were about 3 foot off the bottom in 16 foot of water .
    I ketched fish on all 4 sides of the dock and inside the dock as well .Lots of keeper sized fish in the mix and took photos and had a great time all alone out there in that heat .
    Never be discouraged when someone says they aint biting is the moral of this story .
    Many a times some of my bestus sling festival adventures are "when they aint biting "
    KABOOM is the word and yes all 52 of them in an hour and a half got set free
    Attached Images Attached Images            
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

I really like it when everyone says "they ain't biting." I don't let that bother me if I'm in notion to go, I go right ahead. Now,just imagine if they had been biting the slaying that could have ensued!��

Post Thanks / Like

You are the man, congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

there are lots of little ( about a foot & half square ) schools of crappie and bass (at least i think thats what they are ) i know they aint top minnows , maybe some bream too , about 1 inch long all throughout my slew...the slew averages about 50 yards wide and 8 feet deep in the channel....and lots of spider-type webs with grubs in them in the limbs of the trees on the banks...willow fly's were thick about two weeks ago... i have tried to match the color and size of my jigs to to them and that seems to work pretty good...i am to lazy to bring a cane pole and pull the webs down , and shaking the limbs for willow fly's just brings about a cloud , that fly's off to the next tree , but the red-breasts were jumping with joy when i shook the limb !!....i am going to try and order some tiny crank baits to mimic the little fish in the schools , ....the fish i catch are not big , but they are tons of fun to catch on my little bitty rods and reels....the 2 lb channel cat i caught yesterday had my extra extra light rod bent into a U........really like your fish pictures and stories !............p.s. i have only seen one boat in my slew in the past three weeks or so , but that is allright !!!!
    Last edited by ultralightrooki; 08-18-2019 at 09:34 AM.
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good day!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Negative reports are always a inspiration to go set that hook..... Nice Catches....
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

catchNgrease is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang at the waves in one of the pictures.

Sent from my E6810 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

My negative reports are only observations for my lake and certainly do not keep me from going back again and again. I also know many tips and techniques offered by others (Ketchn and SK) work and am sincere about trying as many as I can. I just enjoy getting better at my favorite sport

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

silverside is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice way to follow through on your experience and feel so good about it.
    I can remember one time standing at the ramp next to a guy telling me they ain't biting this week. All the while they were really flopping around in the live well.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome He laughed at ME ! that the way to show them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast