HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was it HOT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Was it HOT

Went out yestdy with HOT temps, 50% chance of rain predicted and HOT on top of that.....ooohhh I mentioned it was HOT already but yes it was HOT.....
    Full moon glaring down on me on my way to the lake and I knew from past experience as long as it was in the sky the bite would be good and the struggle would be on afterwards.....
    It held true again got too 11 before the moon was gone and the struggle began....
    I wasn't too upset that so many piles didn't give up any fish as I would run to the other side of the lake to cool off....
    Ran through my jig box tying on around 20 different color combos along with changing sizes before I found a jig that the fish would hit, it being a itty bitty 1/32oz #6 chart/chart/chart.....I gave all the jigs a fair chance but they would not hit any other jig. Even after catching a couple on a pile I would drop another color combo without a bite then would drop that itty bitty straight chart and fish on.....
    I say this just to let you know even when you think the fish just won't bite keep trying different color combos and down size..... Just so you know I tied on a 1/16oz straight chart and it never got bit....
    I stayed out way too long and it was way too hot, drank over 10 bottles of water and still felt dehydrated....
    It was so hot my vid camera kept over temping....LOL
    It never did rain and I was looking forward to a cool down.....
    Results are a nice box of fish.....

Name:  20190816_172612.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  60.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Was it hot???
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes svh LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

nice cooler of fish....it's been cooler here the last two mornings , i went this morning and caught 2 nice crappies on a pinkish/ chartreueish toad thumper right off the bat..water temp in the slew was 85 degrees....then nothing for a half/hour...went to a beetle-spin with a 1/64 chartreuse head and a trout magnet black/chartreuese body , caught a 2 pound channel cat and then a dozen or so medium size blue-gill and about 5 small bass....all fish were released..........very nice morning , unusually cool for august.....i came in at 9;45 .............thanks for your report.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure am impressed with how you stayed after them. I change baits and keep trying some but after a bit I just say they won’t bite and go home....lol. I’d have to carry my jig vise with me to try everything.....lol. Wonder if it was just the slow fall or size of jig more than color? Did you try other color 1/32 jigs? So with all the colors and sizes and options do you try them all in one location before moving if you know the fish are there or keep moving and changing at different locations? Makes my head hurt......lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's hot. Nice catch.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

you are far more dedicated than me brother . I would a quit with 12 in the box and then ran for the ac
    but I never keep many anyway and cant take the heat/hot like I could when I was a younger fella
    one thing for certain solid chart and solid white have kept me on fish many times in the summer months
    and small little jigs that most would not use is often the difference between bites and no bites this time of year .
    KABOOM is the word
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman View Post
    Was it hot???
    That ain't no joke for real.....LOL
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ultralightrooki View Post
    nice cooler of fish....it's been cooler here the last two mornings , i went this morning and caught 2 nice crappies on a pinkish/ chartreueish toad thumper right off the bat..water temp in the slew was 85 degrees....then nothing for a half/hour...went to a beetle-spin with a 1/64 chartreuse head and a trout magnet black/chartreuese body , caught a 2 pound channel cat and then a dozen or so medium size blue-gill and about 5 small bass....all fish were released..........very nice morning , unusually cool for august.....i came in at 9;45 .............thanks for your report.
    Sound like a great morning of figuring the fish out and catchn'um....... Stay At'um....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave336 View Post
    Sure am impressed with how you stayed after them. I change baits and keep trying some but after a bit I just say they won’t bite and go home....lol. I’d have to carry my jig vise with me to try everything.....lol. Wonder if it was just the slow fall or size of jig more than color? Did you try other color 1/32 jigs? So with all the colors and sizes and options do you try them all in one location before moving if you know the fish are there or keep moving and changing at different locations? Makes my head hurt......lol.
    Yes I tried several other 1/32's with no luck......I control the call at different speeds regardless of head size so I'll contribute the fish hitting this particular jig to size, color and fall rate... Thanks for the feedback.....
    Likes SuperDave336 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrat View Post
    Yeah it's hot. Nice catch.
    No doubt and thanks....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast